Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: dwwin.exe how to get rid of it !

(!)

Member with 701 posts.

Experience: Learning something new...
12-Dec-2006, 01:31 AM #1
Exclamation Solved: dwwin.exe how to get rid of it !
I have a dwwin.exe from Dr. Watson that I cannot get rid of it , Again I think i got rid of it , but it appeared again , I try the fix of delete the Registry , but some program is running in the background ,that is making it appear , how can I solved this ? becasue this issue is making my computer slow in the boot process , what can I do ??
Tjank you .

Toti
Member with 701 posts.

12-Dec-2006, 10:45 PM #2
Pls guys . can you give me a hand , my computer its been a little weird this days , Im trying to fix her , my roomate was using it meanwhile I was in the hospital , so....... , o well , any Ideas how to get rid of this ?

thanks again for help and support. pls.guys forgive my ignorance .

Toti
Computer Specs
Member with 31 posts.

13-Dec-2006, 12:53 AM #3
dwwin.exe is for DR watson which is the service that "captures" program errors.

Here's the information on the MS site on how to disable it:

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;EN-US;188296

IMPORTANT: This article contains information about modifying the registry. Before you modify the registry, make sure to back it up and make sure that you understand how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For information about how to back up, restore, and edit the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

256986 Description of the Microsoft Windows Registry
SUMMARY
This article describes how to disable and re-enable the Dr. Watson program for Windows.
MORE INFORMATION
WARNING: If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
To Disable Dr. Watson

1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit.exe in the Open box, and then click OK.
2. Locate and click the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ AeDebug
NOTE: Steps three and four are optional, but they necessary if you want to restore the default use of Dr. Watson.
3. Click the AeDebug key, and then click Export Registry File on the Registry menu.
4. Enter a name and location for the saved registry file, and then click Save.
5. Delete the AeDebug key.

Registry entries for debugger programs are located in the AeDebug key in Windows. The Dr. Watson program is installed by default in Windows, and is configured to run when an application error occurs (with a data value of 1 for the Auto value). The default values are:

Value Name = Auto
Type = String (REG_SZ)
Data Value = 1 or 0. (Default is 1)

Value Name = Debugger
Type = String (REG_SZ)
Data Value = drwtsn32 -p %ld -e %ld -g

NOTE: This data value (drwtsn32 -p %ld -e %ld -g) is specific to Dr. Watson. Alternative debuggers will have their own values and parameters.
Member with 701 posts.

15-Dec-2006, 11:33 PM #4
Question Delete reg. AeDebug
HI Radius .
Beforehand thank you very much for reply .

Now
That exactly what I did !! I went and delete the AeDebug from the regestry , I followed step by step , but the darn message still appears in my desktop once my computer is shutting down !! I really dont know what going on , it supposed to disappear as soon I delete the AeDebug .
As I stated in my first post I tried that solution but didn't work , I even try a Fix ,reinstalling Windows to restablish new the AeDebug and try again the reg. delete fix , but still the message appears !!
If there's another fix for this ?? or I really going to need to reformat my computer to get rid of this message ???
I really dont know how to check or were to chek that " dll that is running in the background that provoques that message , I wish know so I can stop that program , maybe is a bad uninstall or something .

I already try AMUST to clean registries but still the message appears , pls, guys HELP!!!!
Is something that is pretty anoying and is slowing down my computer again .

Thanks and Merry Xmas to all members !!

Toti
Member with 701 posts.

15-Dec-2006, 11:53 PM #5
I find this , I read it but ..... tell me guys , that mean that probably I can remove the dwwin exe . from the User Defined List ?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
To ensure that only designated system processes are excluded from being managed, the processes on the system-defined exclusion list are matched using the exact process path. This prevents other processes with similar names from being matched by mistake.

The following system processes are included by default on the system-defined exclusion list:

• Csrss.exe

• Dfssvc.exe

• Dumprep.exe

• Dwwin.exe

• Llssrv.exe

• Lsass.exe

• Msdtc.exe

• Smss.exe

• Services.exe

• Spoolsv.exe

• System.exe

• Taskmgr.exe

• Winlogon.exe

• Wmiprvse.exe

• Wsrm.exe

• Wsrmc.exe

The User-Defined Exclusion List
Processes on the user-defined exclusion list are either added manually or the system adds several processes by default. The processes included on the user-defined exclusion list by default are several Svchost.exe processes. Important operating system services run inside the Svchost.exe processes. To ensure that these processes have access to their required CPU bandwidth, they are excluded from management. It is not usually necessary to manage these processes; however, if one or more of these processes start to consume excessive CPU bandwidth, you can manage them by removing them from the user-defined exclusion list. This allows Windows System Resource Manager to control the CPU bandwidth usage of these processes.

Although it is rarely necessary, you can include processes on the user-defined exclusion list that do not respond well to management and any other processes that you do not want Windows System Resource Manager to manage. Processes that Windows System Resource Manager does not control are unmanaged and can, therefore, consume resources freely.

Because the behavior of unmanaged applications cannot be controlled, the effectiveness of Windows System Resource Manager can decrease if you include on the user-defined exclusion list multiple processes or processes that use resources intensively.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could this be another option to see if this message disappear ?.... but the process wil be still running and slowing down my computer , so It will be a Half fix , but not really went to the Core of the problem ....... mmm ??? any othe Idea or how to check for that process that its creating ths message .
The User Defined Exclusion List article from Microsoft here teh link :

http://technet2.microsoft.com/Window....mspx?mfr=true

Thanks Toti
Member with 701 posts.

27-Dec-2006, 05:54 AM #6
Thumbs up Dwwin nightmare SOLVED !!
Hi guys !!!

well I at LAST !! i find waht was teh cause of this anoying window text that was having my system in a slow down , I was searching the internet for some answers , to this , and I read this post in a tech , support forum about some thing similar to mine , but not exactly , but the app, software , that was utilized to scan dll.s caught my attention , I say , o well I dont lose nothing and maybe , will point me in the right direction :

Ok first of all I did this , as the Original poster wrote in the forums :

1:- Download utility named Process Explorer

2:- Start > right click on My Computer > Properties > Advanced tab > click on Error Reporting

Now select the radio button next to "Disable Error Reporting" and uncheck "But notify me when critical errors occur". Next Click OK, and OK to back out of this part of the procedure.

Next go to: Start > Run and type "services.msc" (without the quotes), click OK.

Scroll down the list to Error Reporting Service and right click on it. Select Properties. About half way down this dialog box you will see a pull down menu next to "Startup Type". Select "Disabled" (if it not already). Click Apply, then Ok, and then close the remaining box with the red X in the upper right hand corner.

You are done! Reboot and see if the problem goes away. Report back. "

3:- The results of this was > an error window in shutdown ,that help me to identify the source of that Dll or app, that was runing until Shutdown , the result of this was this :

Set point.exeApplication error
The instructionat "0x78310fb8" referenced memory at "0x10603a94" the memory could not be "read"
click OK to terminate the program .

OK then , now at this point , I knew that was the Set point Logitech app, driver , the one that was having trouble with shutdown !! o I was sooo happy !!!!

So I knew then , that was not a virus or a trojan or a Malware installed in System32 or in "My Folder" , disguised as a Setpoint.exe . my was in the toolbar clsoe to my time and in program files ,
Well the fix was , first I tested Ending Process in Task manager and Rebbot , the message didnt appear , then , as soon windows appear , I went to the tool bar and exit the app. then rebbot , and the message didnt appear. So the fix is after Windows boot set your Logiteck trackman mouse and then exit the app. from tool bar .
----------
a.) This dwwin message , appears using logitech trackman whell with driver V.3.1.116
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/do...contentid=5288
---------
Hope this fix , help another member or person with the same trouble or similar situation .
and Thank you very much to all the members that point me in the right direction to solved this situation .

XOXOX
Toti
Junior Member with 24 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
04-Jan-2007, 01:57 AM #7
dwwin shutdown error
I am having similar problems with Dr Watson. Actually, I am receiving two error messages just about every time I logoff of windows (we have several users but seem problem only exits on one).

Error 1: Dwwin.exe - DLL Initialization Failed - The application failed to initialize because windows is shutting down.

Error 2: End Program - ccapp - The program is not responding.

Please assist. Thank you.
Member with 701 posts.

05-Jan-2007, 11:00 PM #8
Lightbulb ccapp Error dwwin
HI SJBarth !
1.- Seems that your problem is with your antivirus .

2.- Read this Article hope this can point you in the right direction of what to turn off , before shutdown .
http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/pr...ccapp.exe.html

3.- Be sure is not in System 32 okis. and try what i did , maybe that will help you to find which application or program is the fault .

your very welcome

Toti
Junior Member with 24 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
06-Jan-2007, 03:01 PM #9
Thank you...but still need help! I was able to connect with Norton to get the ccapp problem fixed. However i'm still working to get dwwin.exe fixed. Any ideas?

Last edited by SJBarth; 07-Jan-2007 at 10:49 AM..
Member with 701 posts.

07-Jan-2007, 06:04 PM #10
Hi SJBarth , good that you got that ccapp problem fix , that one down !!
about the dwwin mater , I recomend you to follow steps 2 and step 3 , in my post above , this will give you a clue to know wich app. or program is the one , that is giving you that error report of Doctor watson "dwwin". pls. if is not to much bother , as soon you get your report from step 3 post it , so another member with more knowledge that mine , can give you a hand , or maybe me , if it something I know how to fix , or we can figure it out together.
sounds good ?

Toti

pls. forgive my english , grammar , im workin on it .
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!