Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Coloured speckles showing up on my monitor?

(!)

Member with 274 posts.

28-Jan-2007, 04:01 PM #1
Coloured speckles showing up on my monitor?
Hi,

I run 2 monitors (19") off an ATI Radeon X600i 256mb PCI Express graphics card. One of the monitors has suddenly started showing random coloured speckles on images? The PC monitor affected by this is the one using a DVI cable whilst the other screen is via SVGA. The only changes made recently to my PC is the JAVA has been updated after been told there was an update; could it be something to do with this? I have done the obvious things like rebooted run spyware tools, anti-virus etc to no avail? As i am typing this the tech support guy logo has a few speckles around the question mark? all seems a bit weird this?
any help appreciated.

Rgds,
lee_1133
Member with 274 posts.

28-Jan-2007, 07:48 PM #2
Just thought i would add that the speckles (for want of a better word) a similar to how TFT's look when they have dead pixels but it's not that as they move when i scroll. It only seems to be on images/logos (not on text or normal backgrounds) and is only happening few and far between in these areas.
Member with 119 posts.

Experience: Professional Repair Tech
28-Jan-2007, 09:53 PM #3
Are these LCD monitors? And, do both monitors support Analog and Digital input? If so try swapping inputs and see if the problem switches monitors. If it does then I would guess that it is a graphics card issue.
Cheers.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!