Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

ActiveX Control Loading error

(!)

p51 p51 is offline   p51 has a birthday soon!
Senior Member with 926 posts.

30-Jan-2007, 11:20 AM #1
ActiveX Control Loading error
I searched through the threads and could not find much on activex issues.

We use a thin client version of OnBase, by Hyland Software, for electronic storage. One particular pc can access the app but cannot open any documents once inside the app. An ActiveX Control Loading error is returned. The error method: OBLoadImageServices and Message: Failed to load image library [obxwebviewer.ocx].

She can access everything fine from another pc. If I login to her pc as me, I receive the same results, so I know it is related to the actual pc. Internet security and settings are the same as anyone else. Internet Security is set to medium and all activex settings are enabled.

She is running XP pro w/sp2 and current on all critical windows updates. McAfee version8 is also running and current on all definition files.

What other options/settings can I take or check? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

J
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
23-May-2008, 10:27 AM #2
ActiveX error for OnBase Web Client
I'm receiving the exact same error as you were. Same OS and and same software. Did you ever find a solution to this error? I've tried reinstalling Adobe ActiveX Flashplayer, IE 6 and 7 and added site to Trusted Sites.
Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

ggarrow
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!