Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

DST Log Error Code: 1000-0146

(!)

Junior Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Advanced
23-Mar-2007, 08:06 AM #1
Exclamation DST Log Error Code: 1000-0146
Hello,

I was trouble shooting a computer for a few hours last night that had this issue, and I thought I would pass along some information about what I did, and a temporary fix. First of all, if you want to look up more information about the "blue screen" google "Blue Screen of Death". The reason I fell across this website is because the error code: 1000-0146 showed up in the diagnostics test, and I have never seen that before.

To get passed the Blue Screen of Death, run Windows XP in debugging mode, it should load right into Windows. After you log into windows, run the system check disk, then go to:

Start > Run > type: msconfig

Now go to Boot.INI and you should see an option that says SAFEboot. Click that and click Minimal. Now restart your computer. Now you should boot right into windows without the Blue Screen of Death. After it completely loads, go back to:

Start > Run > type: msconfig

and go back to the BOOT.INI Tab and uncheck SAFEBoot. Try restarting the computer in regular mode and that should work. Now I noticed that the computer is running slow, I believe that is because the harddrive is failing, I could be wrong though. This will allow you to back up any files onto a cd so you can replace the hard drive. I'm not sure how long it will last, so I would do it asap. If you have any questions, feel free to ask or to comment.

I just wanted to share my experience that I had last night, and I hope this helps anyone that needs it.

Thanks,

Kevin

Last edited by Pomicio; 23-Mar-2007 at 11:14 AM..

23-Mar-2007, 10:49 AM #2
If anyone has any tips on how to permamently fix this error, please let me know. thanks

26-Mar-2007, 08:19 AM #3
Computer Specs
Member with 257 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
05-Mar-2008, 05:20 AM #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomicio View Post
If anyone has any tips on how to permamently fix this error, please let me know. thanks
I just received this error code on a Dell Inspiron 1100 and would like to know as well.

Is it actually a bad HDD OR just a loose connection TO the HDD ???
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!