Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Deleted Folders keeps appearing on desktop.

(!)

Junior Member with 12 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
27-Mar-2007, 10:32 AM #1
Cool Deleted Folders keeps appearing on desktop.
I have a folder that I have deleted at least 50 times now that keeps reappearing on my desktop. I have read something about the algurithum, but don't know anything about all of that. Can anyone explain in simple terms why this keeps happening and if there is any way I can fix this problem.
Senior Member with 319 posts.

Experience: Advanced
27-Mar-2007, 10:33 AM #2
What is the folder, and what are the contents?

27-Mar-2007, 10:37 AM #3
It is a folder that I made some time ago for music. It actually was music that I copied from a CD. The name of the folder is "R. Kelly C_F" and I have deleted it from the desktop several times and it just keeps coming back.

27-Mar-2007, 10:41 AM #4
At what point does it reappear? When you play another CD or what?

27-Mar-2007, 10:43 AM #5
At various times....it really doesn't matter what I am doing. But I have noticed that it is more likely to appear after I have hooked my mp3 player up to the computer.

27-Mar-2007, 10:53 AM #6
Okay, then it sounds like it is probably the application that your MP3 player uses that is setting up that folder. It may be a registry thing. I am not totally sure though.

27-Mar-2007, 10:57 AM #7
Ok.....so.....Do you think that I should just try reinstalling the software for my MP3 Player.

27-Mar-2007, 11:00 AM #8
Before you do that, go into the software and see if there are any settings that might be causing this....can you name the software app here, and I will also look and see if I can find anything. If you don't see anything, go ahead and use the uninstallation then reinstall it.

28-Mar-2007, 11:19 AM #9
I uninstalled the mp3 player software completely because I really don't need it anyway, but the folder reappeared again just a few minutes ago after starting my windows media player.

28-Mar-2007, 11:22 AM #10
The folder appears when I start my windows media player.....I guess somewhere in the software the folder exists and it creates the folder on my desktop each time I start it. Now I just need to find out how to get rid of the folder in the windows media player.

28-Mar-2007, 11:22 AM #11
The folder appears when I start my windows media player.....I guess somewhere in the software the folder exists and it creates the folder on my desktop each time I start it. Now I just need to find out how to get rid of the folder in the windows media player.

28-Mar-2007, 11:31 AM #12
Search for the exact name of the folder in SEARCH. Start > Search.

Make sure you have all hidden files and folders showing just in case. Delete every instance of the folder you find. Open Windows Media Player and look under your library and make sure there is nothing there. Also check My Documents > My Music and see if it is there.

28-Mar-2007, 12:02 PM #13
I have done all that you have asked and did not locate that folder anywhere else....but yet the media player keeps creating the folder. I used the media player to rip the cd to the desktop. Then I burned a copy and then I didn't want it anymore, so I deleted it. I guess the media player has it in it's memory. Now I have to figure how to clear that memory.

28-Mar-2007, 12:24 PM #14
For now it appears that I may have solved my problem. I went to tools and then I chose "Apply Media Information Changes" and then let the media player create the folder again. Then I deleted the folder again and it has not appeared anymore. I have restarted the media player several times. I hope that this little episode will help someone out that may have a similar problem. Thanks for your patience.

28-Mar-2007, 12:28 PM #15
I spoke too soon.....ughhhh!!!! I am about ready to reformat my hard drive and reinstall windows. I tried reinstalling the media player....but, that didn't work because the reinstall uses all previous information files.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!