Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Turn Display 90 Degrees

(!)

Member with 697 posts.

08-May-2007, 07:05 PM #1
Turn Display 90 Degrees
My son has Windows XP Pro on a computer. He has purchased a 22 in. LCD flat panel. He wants to mount the panel with the 22in. up and down. Can he rotate his screen display 90 Degrees? If possible how?
Member with 51 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
08-May-2007, 07:09 PM #2
try pressing the ctrl+alt + arrow keys to rotate the display
alternatively you can also go into the display properties and rotate it from there
Senior Member with 1,930 posts.

Experience: Geek wannabe
08-May-2007, 07:17 PM #3
It's probably not going to give him a very nice picture because the resolution won't fill the vertical part of the screen.
LCD's have a native resolution that will give you the best picture, and the no. of horizontal pixels are always greater than the vertical pixels.
It would be interesting to see what it looks like. Take a picture and post it.
Member with 697 posts.

08-May-2007, 07:20 PM #4
I have tried it with my sys. XP Home and I can't get it to rotate.
Computer Specs
Senior Member with 391 posts.

Experience: Advanced
10-May-2007, 11:40 PM #5
Screen rotation is usually a feature of 3rd party softare, whether it be the ATI or Nvidia drivers/software for example or custom application.
It is not something Windows will do natively
I know ATI and NVidia both include screen rotation features in the software that works in conjunction with the drivers.
Pray Tell, what graphics system is running on this machine? ATI? NVidia? Intel Integrated?

I know these support what you need, if any of the above download the latest drivers WITH the software, whether it's ATI Catalyst Control Center or NVidia's nView, even Intel Integrated has a taskbar helper that allows screen rotation if I remember correctly.

If the graphics system is of another manfucturer, I dont know about that then. Usually all I see are ATI, Intel, NVidia as they are the biggest out there.

The ctrl-alt-up/down/left/right are the ATI hotkeys for screen rotation.....Intel too I think.
gump2 gump2 is offline gump2 has a Profile Picture
Junior Member with 7 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
11-May-2007, 01:10 PM #6
Cool buttons on monitor
there should be buttons on the monitor that will allow it to rotate. Either that or try the graphics driver. Having the monitor vertical will make a distorted resolution: you'll either have to stretch the desktop vertically, or you'll have two black bands on the top or bottom.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!