Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Navcand / ieframe.dll error message

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
09-May-2007, 03:04 PM #1
Lightbulb Navcand / ieframe.dll error message
Hi all

Hope someone on here can help me with this, I have a big hammer if not and intend to threaten the PC with it...

My 13 year old son downloaded the Windows updates (using Windows XP), and left them installing whilst he went off to school. He came home to find it all done, pc restarted etc... but now when he tries to open Windows IE (tabs version) he gets the following (see attached screenshot) error message;

File Download - Security Warning
Name:
navcand
Type:
Unknown File type, 2.64kb
ieframe.dll

I 'cancel' this window. I have run an AVG and Adaware (both up to date) and they have found nothing. Please help! Am not completely pc phobic and should be able to follow most instructions.. (but please speak slowly if you dare mention 'The Registry' with me - round these parts it's where people get married...).

Cheers Rebecca
Attached Thumbnails
Navcand / ieframe.dll error message-navcand.jpg  
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Advanced
15-May-2007, 01:08 PM #2
Me too...
I have virtually the same problem. In fact, I was a little suprised to find that I could find no information on this anywhere on the Internet when it first happened to me last last Thursday (May 10). I have since uninstalled the update twice, and uninstalled IE7 three times (reverting back to IE6). Each time I then try reinstalling to no avail. When I reinstall the update... *BAM*; I get the error message again.

IE6 seems to work perfectly and IE7 works without that update.

I use Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition v10.x
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!