Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Online In Safe Mode?

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
04-Jun-2007, 08:56 PM #1
Online In Safe Mode?
Is it possible? Can Safe Mode be tweaked for internet access? If so please do tell how.
Senior Member with 115 posts.

Experience: Advanced
04-Jun-2007, 09:10 PM #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by J0sh
Is it possible? Can Safe Mode be tweaked for internet access? If so please do tell how.
there should be Safe Mode with Networking when you try to boot choosing safemodes. to enable it, go to Start->run, type "msconfig" and when the window opens, choose the tab labelled BOOT.ini, check the button for SAFE, and the box for networking.

next time you boot, be careful. booting this way will cause you to perma-safemode-with-networking boot. PLEASE CONSULT WITH ANOTHER PROFESSIONAL to get out of this boot mode. it appears my age has crept up with me. i forget how to get out.
Computer Specs
Member with 4,324 posts.

Experience: Advanced
04-Jun-2007, 09:11 PM #3
There should be an option 'Safe Mode with Networking' (on the menu you get to by pressing F8).
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!