Hey, I noticed that quite a lot of people were having problems with sound in youtube and their windows sound effects, I used this and it worked for me! Just follow the steps:
1. Go to start menu, select run and enter REGEDIT and press return
2. This will start the regestry editor. Go to the file menu and select export and save the regestry as a file, make sure you have Export Range / All selected at the bottom of the save file window. This will save the whole regestry as a file, remember where you save the file... You have now backed up the regestry. Now close the regestry editor
3. Copy all the following bold text starting from Windows Regestry Editor Verion 5.00 by highlighting it, right clicking and selecting copy
4. Go to start menu / run again and this time type in NOTEPAD and click return
5. Now right click on the notepad window and select paste. Then select save from the file menu and save the file, make sure the filename you enter ends in .REG Remember where you saved the file and close notepad
6. Finally, navigate to your saved file and double click on it. You will see a dialoge asking whether you are sure you want to add the information from the file to the regestry, simply click OK. Once this is done, then try the website you have been having trouble with and see if it works. Any problems, simply double click the backup file you created in step 1 and this will restore your regestry back to what it was.
I think I love you! I have been messing with my sound for over a week. I could hear my CD's or even a .wav file when I loaded it but couldn't hear youtube or my video's etc. I went to google one last time today to try and get some help and I found your post. It went excellent and you are definitely my hero today!!! Thank you
Actually i have a similar kind of problem..
Bu in my case i just dont have any sund in my PC..
I went to the device manager..
it shows a yeloow exclamation mark next to multimedia audio controller..
when i try installing the drivers for sound i get the eroor object device not found restart ur system n run setup again..
can anyone help me with this..!
I must have read every solution to the no sound on youtube problem but nothing seems to work. downloaded new codec's full version but the fix sound is greyed out. I copied and pasted the registry settings, saved and installed but still nothing. I have the newest version of flash and have checked my audio devise settings. Still nothing. Is it possible that something about this older machine can't support the new version of flash or the registry settings?
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem?
We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.