Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Google Earth Freezes

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 21 posts.

Experience: Beginner
19-Aug-2007, 04:44 PM #1
Google Earth Freezes
I have used Google Earth for over a year and it worked fine. About a month ago it started messing up. It will load, but before it can do much more than appear on the screen, it freezes. I have tried to uninstall it and reinstall it to no avail. I am also getting the same program back when I reinstall it as it still has my saved addresses loaded. I have tried contacting Google, and searched their web site, but no luck. Can any one help? Thank you.
Member with 30 posts.

19-Aug-2007, 05:14 PM #2
try closing down any memory intensive programs beforehand, even things like MSN have been known by me to completely devour my memory when using memory intensive things, like C&C World Builder, that devastates my system if i run it with anything else going.
Computer Specs
Member with 21 posts.

19-Aug-2007, 06:07 PM #3
I have tried that also. I also have more than 75% free space in my memory. This is the only progran I am having trouble with except the pop-up for the windows installer I keep getting because my trial ware ran out for the office program. It is all the little nit picking things that keep changing that make me really crazy. Thanks for your help.
Member with 431 posts.

19-Aug-2007, 06:27 PM #4
hmmm, when it freezes press ctrl alt delete, does your cpu say 100%, also check your firewall isnt blocking or slowing your connection down, I wouldnt disable it, as you need a connection to be able to use google earth, but when your using Avs like norton they murder your computer, what AV do you have installed on your computer?
Computer Specs
Member with 21 posts.

19-Aug-2007, 06:45 PM #5
I am using the E-Z firewall from Road Runner. As far as I can determine, with my limited knowledge, I have given free access to Google Earth. I have no trouble with the Google search page. I also have ad-aware and spyware doctor, but I can find no places on them to accept or reject certain programs. I also reinstalled the Quick time as I got a notice that pieces parts were missing and went to the firewall to alow access for that too. Thanks
Member with 431 posts.

19-Aug-2007, 07:09 PM #6
Oo try diabling spyware doctor please, im sure your other Avs will protect you, just turn it back on while your are surfing the internet, tell me if this makes any difference.
Computer Specs
Member with 21 posts.

20-Aug-2007, 12:14 PM #7
Google Earth Not responding
Hurray, I have solved my problem with this program. I searched all the help sites I could find. The answer most found was the anti-virus program ( CA) was causing the problem. My anti-virus from road runner was causing the same problem. As I have other anti-virus installed, I took that one out and the Google Earth is working fine again. Also they suggested putting the anti-virus on hold till you get the google up and working then activating it again. I did this, but you must do it every time you want to use Google Earth. Thank you for all your help. Miss Priss
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
06-Sep-2007, 12:34 AM #8
Computer Specs
Member with 21 posts.

06-Sep-2007, 10:23 AM #9
CA antivirus
Thanks for the info. The firewall I have was the problem. I thought the question marks in the various catagories would ask if you wanted to let that specific program access the internet. Apparently it don't work that way. I had to make a few changes to the acceptable access for the specific program and now it works fine. As long as the firewall is set to definately allow the program I have no more problems. Thank you again for your help.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!