Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

How do I turn off parental control

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
28-Aug-2007, 07:30 AM #1
How do I turn off parental control
No longer need parental control on my computer but I cannot seem to turn it off, I go to internet options/content settings/ and have marked everything as unrestricted, yet I still cannot connect to practically any site containing even the slightest mention of sex or violence.
3.40 pentium4 on XP2
thanx
Nyg

Also whenever I try and order prints on this computer from a company I use, the software accepts everything and processes it, but at the very end of the procedure when the software tries to connect to the company to download the order, it always comes up as no connection is available??? The computer does not let the software dial out for some reason???
Computer Specs
Retired Moderator with 106,412 posts.

28-Aug-2007, 02:34 PM #2
I'd talk to whoever set it up and have them supply the password. We won't help bypass restrictions like this here at TSG.
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
29-Aug-2007, 06:09 AM #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWill
I'd talk to whoever set it up and have them supply the password. We won't help bypass restrictions like this here at TSG.
Hi there, thanks but I am not trying to bypass anything, it is my girlfriends computer and we have the password, she set it up herself originally for her 17 year old son.
It is just so frustrating that she cannot get on to any sites, even the likes of La Senza which is underwear is not accessable!!!!!!
We go into TOOLS/OPTIONS/CONTENT then put in password which lets us in, we then marked everything as unrestricted, but still we get the same problem of parental control.

I am not asking for any help in bypassing restrictions, I am asking for help on the above with the use of the correct password if you have any suggestions as to what else we need to do??
thanks
Nyg
Computer Specs
Retired Moderator with 106,412 posts.

29-Aug-2007, 09:55 AM #4
OK, that's different.

What package is this exactly? Are you talking about Content Advisor in IE? Did you simply disable the whole capability?

How to Remove the Content Advisor Password in Internet Explorer or Fix Missing Information
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 16 posts.

Experience: Advanced
09-Oct-2007, 11:56 AM #5
Try using Firefox. It wont completely solve the problem but it is a quick way around it.
Computer Specs
Member with 43 posts.

Experience: MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDBA
09-Oct-2007, 11:59 AM #6
What parental control software are you using? Its not Norton by any chance is it?
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 11,257 posts.

Experience: Advanced
09-Oct-2007, 12:03 PM #7
From the Help and support on my machine by searching on "parental control "

Using Content Advisor to control access
The Internet provides unprecedented access to a wide variety of information. Some information, however, may not be suitable for every viewer. For example, you might want to prevent your children from seeing Web sites that contain violent or sexual content.

Content Advisor provides a way to help you control the types of content that your computer can gain access to on the Internet. After you turn on Content Advisor, only rated content that meets or exceeds your criteria can be viewed. You can adjust the settings.

With Content Advisor, you can:

Control access to Content Advisor settings. You turn Content Advisor on, and view the settings, through the use of a password. You will need this password to change any Content Advisor settings, so you might want to write it down for future reference.
View and adjust the ratings settings to reflect what you think is appropriate content in each of four areas: language, nudity, sex, and violence.
Adjust what types of content other people can view, with or without your permission. You can override content settings on a case-by-case basis.
Set up a list of Web sites that other people can never view, regardless of how the sites’ contents are rated.
Set up a list of Web sites that other people can always view, regardless of how the sites’ contents are rated.
View and change the ratings systems and bureaus you use.
Content Advisor is set to the most conservative (least likely to offend) settings when you first turn it on. You can adjust these settings to match your own preferences.

Not all Internet content is rated. If you choose to allow other people to view unrated sites on your computer, some of those sites could contain inappropriate material.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!