Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Dell Inspiron B130 HELP!!

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Beginner
14-Sep-2007, 02:04 PM #1
Dell Inspiron B130 HELP!!
I have a Dell Inspiron B130 laptop and the virus protection and the firewall went down, so they have not worked for a few months and i got a bunch of viruses and spywere. (i don't know how to spell that, a little pc illiterate) but there is no hope for getting rid of it. my internet barely works so i am lucky i can ask right now. any help? i was going to do a full system restore but forgot how, i put all my important files on cds so i dont care if i loose my documents and stuff.
Junior Member with 17 posts.

Experience: self taught
14-Sep-2007, 02:24 PM #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy18
the virus protection and the firewall went down
Meaning your licence ran out? if so you can get a free ZoneAlarm firewall here http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...zaSetup_en.exe - and free Avast Antivirus software here http://www.avast.com/eng/home-registration.php

As for doing a full system restore I think Dell ships with recovery cds, just pop it in and restart your computer and follow directions on screen. If it came with just a windows cd you will need to visit Dells website and download and burn all of the drivers for your computer. http://support.dell.com/support/down...&catid=&impid=
After you have those pop in the window cd restart your computer then choose install, not repair.
Computer Specs
Senior Member with 1,562 posts.

Experience: is the name we give our m
14-Sep-2007, 02:25 PM #3
for DELL system restore press CTRL + F11 during the POST screen (the POST screen by default is hidden by the DELL logo, at the system start, before windows kicks in)
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Beginner
14-Sep-2007, 02:32 PM #4
will the Avast get rid of viruses?
Computer Specs
Account Closed with 8 posts.

Experience: Advanced
20-Sep-2007, 08:52 AM #5
Newguy18:

I’m at Dell Headquarters in Austin, Texas and I just came across this thread. As someone mentioned above, if your system is equipped with the feature, you can restore it to its factory default settings in ten or fifteen minutes with ctrl-F11. If you don't have that feature or would prefer to do a clean install from CD, we can send out a copy of whatever OS we originally shipped on it free of charge. We wouldn't still stock the driver CD's for that system but all of the drivers are available online. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Neil
Dell, Inc.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!