Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Blue Screen Errors! Please Help

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 38 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
15-Sep-2007, 06:11 AM #1
Blue Screen Errors! Please Help
Hi

After successfully receiving help regarding some other issue, I am once again back for help.

I have started receiving blue screen errors such as Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area or just a general message: a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer,

Please guys I really need help as within 5 mintes of startup this happens, I am quite lucky to get this posted without it crashing,

Thanks
Computer Specs
Senior Member with 1,562 posts.

Experience: is the name we give our m
15-Sep-2007, 06:21 AM #2
Quote:
This Stop message usually occurs after the installation of faulty hardware or in the event of failure of installed hardware (usually related to defective RAM, either main memory, L2 RAM cache, or video RAM). If hardware has been added to the system recently, remove it to see if the error recurs.
Quote:
A corrupted NTFS volume can also generate this Stop message. Run Chkdsk /f /r to detect and repair disk errors.
re-seat you memory modules on the motherboard. to check your memory modules, download Memtest86, unzip and create a bootable CD from the ISO image. boot from this CD and run all tests.
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 9,126 posts.

15-Sep-2007, 06:31 AM #3
Look in C:\Windows\Minidump for crash dump files with a DMP extension. ZIP some recent ones (5-6) and post here as a ZIP or RAR file. Debug analysis of the files usually points to the problem.
Computer Specs
Member with 38 posts.

15-Sep-2007, 07:12 AM #4
only have three files all uploaded using winrar,

please let me know what you find asap,

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: rar Minidump.rar (20.5 KB, 23 views)
Computer Specs

15-Sep-2007, 07:35 AM #5
The 09/02 error is 1000008E, {c0000005, aad29c35, f7961a5c, 0} in SYMTDI.SYS which is a Symantec AV system file.
The 09/15 #1 error is 50, {f793e262, 1, 8701f150, 0} in ntkrnlmp.exe which is a part of Windows.
The 09/15 #2 error is 1000008E, {c0000005, 8056ef49, a8177240, 0} in SYMEVENT.SYS which is a Symantec AV system file.

Nothing definitive since they are all different. I would run a memory test http://www.memtest.org/ since many time random blue screens are caused by RAM. And since two of the errors involved Symantec, check the Symantec website to see if there are help articles related to your blue screen codes.

If this is the same PC that had the Virtumonde infection two weeks ago and this only started happening since then, I would suspect Virtumonde (or what was done to remove it) may be the problem.
Computer Specs
Member with 38 posts.

16-Sep-2007, 07:31 AM #6
Hi

Errors are getting worse and everytime i switch the computer on i get a message saying windows has recovered from a serious error, here is the latest minidump file attached,

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: rar Mini091607-01.rar (7.4 KB, 18 views)
Computer Specs
Member with 38 posts.

16-Sep-2007, 07:38 AM #7
another error this time bad_pool_header, file attached,

plz plz help
Attached Files
File Type: rar Mini091607-02.rar (7.6 KB, 15 views)
Computer Specs

16-Sep-2007, 07:56 AM #8
The first one (post #6) was a DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL error C5, {3dc938c4, 2, 1, 805505a1}, probably caused by PCIIDEX.SYS. Since it is a one time occurence, there could be a problem with that driver (or a completely unrelated one).

A Microsoft recommended procedure for editing the registry to enable the special pool feature to isolate the actual cause of pool damage is here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/188831/EN-US/

After enabling the feature, you have to wait for the PC to crash again and analyze the resulting minidump.

Did you try the suggestions offered in post #2?
Computer Specs

16-Sep-2007, 08:04 AM #9
The second one was BAD_POOL_HEADER, {20, e54e38a8, e54e38f8, c0a0221} error in SRTSP.SYS which is a Symantec AV driver.

Two of your earlier blue screens were also Symantec related. If testing the memory doesn't find a problem, I would try reinstalling your Symantec products (or replacement).
Computer Specs
Member with 38 posts.

16-Sep-2007, 08:25 AM #10
after running driver verifeir i received this on reboot;

stream.sys+705a at F692605A

plz plz help
Computer Specs

16-Sep-2007, 08:35 AM #11
Which may not mean anything. Try The_Oracle's suggestions from post #2.
Computer Specs
Member with 38 posts.

16-Sep-2007, 08:41 AM #12
hi

i tried to run memtest from a floppy but once the computer restarts there is only writing on the left of the screen and nothing seems to be happening, is this how it should be?
Computer Specs

16-Sep-2007, 08:47 AM #13
Memtest should boot the PC and run by itself. It looks like this:

It should be allowed to run for a few errors and the bottom of the screen should not turn red (errors).
Computer Specs
Member with 38 posts.

16-Sep-2007, 08:49 AM #14
i definitely did not get that screen, can you kinldy give me the download link and instructions on how to use this sfotware, will be much appreciated,

thanks
Computer Specs

16-Sep-2007, 09:04 AM #15
For the floppy disk version download this zip file: http://www.memtest.org/download/1.70....70.floppy.zip and extract the files.
Follow these instructions which are in a readme.txt file in the download:
Quote:
insert a blank floppy into your a: disk drive and run the install.bat file. As the install prompts you, to use memtest directly, leave the disk in the drive and reboot your machine. (from the flopppy)
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!