Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Desktop Icons & Taskbar keep flashing on/off

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 6 posts.

Experience: Beginner
16-Nov-2007, 01:07 PM #1
Desktop Icons & Taskbar keep flashing on/off
Right before I was rebooting my computer yesterday, I got a dll error (i couldn't read the error it flashed to quickly).

Since rebooting the taskbar & desktop icon keep flashing on/off. I saw another poster on here that was having a similar problem: http://tinyurl.com/2ahlmh, but I couldn't reply to that post.

I ran vundofix, sdfix, combofix, and gmer. But I am still having the problem. What do you suggest?
Attached Files
File Type: zip logs.zip (14.0 KB, 68 views)
Computer Specs

16-Nov-2007, 06:35 PM #2
I found if run explorer.exe twice it will stop the the flashing of the the taskbar & desktop icons. But when I restart the computer the problem will startup again.

Do you have any suggestions?
Member with 4,910 posts.

Experience: Advanced
17-Nov-2007, 05:39 AM #3
Start > Run > eventvwr.msc > copy and paste some of the recent errors
Computer Specs

17-Nov-2007, 10:56 AM #4
Hi Devil Himself,
These are the reoccuring errors that came up:

Faulting application firefox.exe, version 1.8.20071.2514, faulting module pmkji.dll, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00057b67.

The update cannot be started because the content sources cannot be accessed. Fix the errors and try the update again. Windows Search Service

The browser service has failed to retrieve the backup list too many times on transport \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{198E7740-27E8-46B1-AB8F-7C0C2CAD538C}. The backup browser is stopping.

AAVM - scanning error: x_AavmCheckFileDirectEx: avfilesScanReal of http://software-files.download.com/s...&psid=10407614 failed, 00000026.
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 1 posts.

05-Apr-2008, 09:41 PM #5
Question explorer not loading on startup
I started having the same problem yesterday 4/4/2008.I ran a SuperAntiSpy scan and a VundoFix scan.Super showed something called Vundo Variant,while VundoFix showed something called byXnnKDV.dll and C:\windows\System32\WDeMonmp.ini.I used both programs to "fix" the problem,but once I rebooted it occured again,I ran the same programs two more times and got the same results.I kept having to open task manager and open explorer to get my icons to start blinking on and off.If I opened my browser,I had no problem connecting or surfing to sites for suggestions to cure my problem.I'm a total novice when it comes to fixing these issues.As of now,10:36pm EST,I'm at a total loss as what to do.Help please. P.S.My computer has been stable for the last 45 minutes or so,but now I see the icons and task bar are gone again.
Computer Specs

05-Apr-2008, 10:25 PM #6
Sorry to here that you are having the same problem. I found my problem was due to spyware. Superantispyware fixed this problem for me. I attached a picture that show the settings that I used with Superantispyware to correct the problem.

I hope this helps! This problem happened to me awhile ago, so I don't remember too many details.

-Troy
Attached Thumbnails
Desktop Icons & Taskbar keep flashing on/off-superantispyware-settings.jpg  

Last edited by tr0y; 06-Apr-2008 at 01:36 AM..
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
18-Apr-2008, 09:52 PM #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tr0y View Post
Sorry to here that you are having the same problem. I found my problem was due to spyware. Superantispyware fixed this problem for me. I attached a picture that show the settings that I used with Superantispyware to correct the problem.

I hope this helps! This problem happened to me awhile ago, so I don't remember too many details.

-Troy
tr0y: I can't thank you enough!! Ispent a day and 1/2 working on this issue and was ready to restore my machine. Your fix worked like a charm. I would add one thing, go through the 'repairs' list on superantispyware and decide whichs you may need to repair. I needed to select one of them that had to do with explorer. Again -- Thanks!
ric54
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!