Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

deleted junk mail

(!)

Member with 398 posts.

09-Jan-2008, 04:07 AM #1
Angry deleted junk mail
Oh aaarrrgggghhhh

I accidentally deleted the junk in my stupid junk mail folder. There was one thing in there that I should have taken out, but, basically, didn't notice it until it just before it...deleted.

Aaaaaahhhhhh.

I have windows xp. Is there any way that I can get that blasted mail back??? This is way too embarrasing, as the deleted message was from a customer of mine, that I told to email me with an order!!!!!!

Did I mention......aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh

Honey
Computer Specs
Member with 377 posts.

09-Jan-2008, 06:13 AM #2
NO! i think...................................................................... ..................
Member with 398 posts.

09-Jan-2008, 02:17 PM #3
What???
Computer Specs
Member with 6,964 posts.

Experience: Advanced
09-Jan-2008, 03:44 PM #4
Do you have another folder called something like 'Trash Can' or 'Deleted Items'?

Usually when you delete something it goes to a folder like that and maybe the e-mail you're looking for is in there.
Computer Specs
Member with 4,022 posts.

Experience: Advanced
09-Jan-2008, 04:02 PM #5
Bite the bullet and ask the customer to Email again, tell them you had a computer problem
Computer Specs
Senior Member with 419 posts.

Experience: ...?
09-Jan-2008, 04:13 PM #6
if you are using outlook, try this.
Click on "Deleted Items"
Clck on "Tools"
Choose "Recover Deleted Items"
see if you can find your deleted mail.
best.
Computer Specs

09-Jan-2008, 04:15 PM #7
if under web-based email or free email such as
gmail, hotmail.
then no way to get back. unless you contact them
Member with 398 posts.

09-Jan-2008, 04:49 PM #8
Oh aaarrgghh. I was afraid of that.

I have hotmail, so, in other words......gone

I do have the deleted folder option. I checked in there. Get this. I had crap in there from like 4 days ago, sitting there, and the junk that I just sent there was no where to be seen.

aaaaaahhhhhhhh. WHAT IS UP WITH THAT!!!!!

CRAP. CRAP. CRAP. CRAP.

I don't even know who this customer is. Ok. Get ready to laugh. I'm an Avon lady. Yes, I know it's kind of cheesy, but, hey, I kind of like some of their products my own dang self. The body wash is to die for. Anyway, I give out catalogues all over the place, and one time I put my email address on the back...just in case they were a bit shy of phoning, and the one time that someone uses the email option.....I DELETE IT. rrrrrrrrr.

Ding Dong
Honey calling

Last edited by Honey2aB; 09-Jan-2008 at 04:52 PM.. Reason: wrong wording
Computer Specs
Member with 55,800 posts.

10-Jan-2008, 04:27 AM #9
If it was web base email and you deleted it then there is no way to get it back.

Hey my mon sold Avon and then later was selling tupperware and did that longer.
Then she got into Sarah Coventry Jewelry and moved her way up and did really good and had lots under here after she was manager of Northern Calif and parts of Nevada up to Reno. Then her help got to her. But she love doing that job and did good and had a house full of free Sarah Coventry Jewelry and thing she got from them and got free trips to Hawaii twice.
Remember Vanna White on Wheel of Fortune used to show off the Sarah Coventry Jewelry till later when she show off the real Jewelry that cost a whole lot.

But sorry you lost the email. You should setup a email address only for the Avon.
Then make up cards and have you name, address, phone and email address on then so every can call or write your address if they done hear back from a email in case something like this every happens again.

Then hey try selling the other things too like my mom did.
Computer Specs

10-Jan-2008, 10:25 AM #10
sorry to hear that!
peace
BobJam BobJam is offline BobJam has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 380 posts.

Experience: I know what I don't know
10-Jan-2008, 10:56 AM #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey2aB
I do have the deleted folder option. I checked in there. Get this. I had crap in there from like 4 days ago, sitting there, and the junk that I just sent there was no where to be seen. WHAT IS UP WITH THAT!!!!!
That's because anything that goes into your "Junk" folder and is deleted from there is permanently gone. You have a "Deleted" folder that will get anything you delete FROM YOUR INBOX, but not from your "Junk" folder.

As a matter of routine, I always check my "Junk" folder before I delete anything from there just for that reason: I know once I delete something from there, it's gone forever. I don't know exactly what filters MS uses to put stuff in "Junk" mail, but every now and then something that's not junk goes in there. I've had some pretty important emails (like yours) get in there from time to time.

Get in the habit of reviewing that stuff before you delete it, because once it's gone, it's really gone. "Reviewing" can be a quick scan with your eyeballs, not necessarily clicking to open them up.
Member with 398 posts.

10-Jan-2008, 11:33 AM #12
You know what, Bob. I actually didn't know that only inbox stuff went into the deleted folder and not junk mail. Oy. You would have thought I figured that out by now. Ok. Where is that blasted embarrassed smilie when you need it there it is.

You know what? I actually did check the folder before I pressed delete. If you can believe that. There is usually so much stuff in there from every tom, dick, harry, mary and jane wanting you to get stuff, that I got a bit lazy there. What I did was quickly scan down the whole page, checking for someone I knew, saw another slew of names and just pressed delete. Just as it was about to delete, my eyes rolled over to the subject line, and for the split second that it took to disappear I saw the word Avon.....too late. rrrrrrrrrr

Heewee. The new email address would be a plan wouldn't it. I know. Thought of that a couple hours after I went a bit nuts there about deleting the mail. That IS the plan of attack for today...on top of tracking down that new customer. I'm hoping she's one of the ladies at the bank...which happens to be only a block from my house.

You know. I do remember the Sarah Coventry stuff. If I'm not mistaken I think I actually had a few pieces from them...forever ago. Regarding Vanna wearing it. Oh Boy. I would never remember that. I tune in to the Wheel so rarely. My main customers now are teenagers, so I dunno if something like "Sarah" would catch on. Wonder how it would go over for the few older ladies that I have. There's an idea. Hmmmmm?? Thanx.

Bogyi...thanx for your support.

Off to outlook to set up an account. Now, if only I can think of a name that wouldn't be too hard for the customers to remember. I'm not a fan of just my name. I need something creative, no x's, no underscores...I have a hard time remembering those myself, and above all...not too cheezy...well, maybe a bit cheezy.

Have a great day ppl, and thanx a bunch for your help/input

Honey
BobJam BobJam is offline BobJam has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 380 posts.

Experience: I know what I don't know
10-Jan-2008, 11:58 AM #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey2aB
You know what? I actually did check the folder before I pressed delete. If you can believe that. . . I got a bit lazy there. What I did was quickly scan down the whole page, checking for someone I knew, saw another slew of names and just pressed delete. Just as it was about to delete, my eyes rolled over to the subject line, and for the split second that it took to disappear I saw the word Avon.....too late. rrrrrrrrrr
I did that exact same thing once myself. Now I check the title in addition to the names. It happens to all of us.
Member with 398 posts.

10-Jan-2008, 12:24 PM #14
Well, I hope this has taught me a lesson. Oh wait. It has. When I get my new email address, just for Avon, I'm not going to be so lazy.

Thanx

Honey
Computer Specs
Member with 55,800 posts.

11-Jan-2008, 03:15 AM #15
Honey2aB,

You know with Hotmail you can get deleted email back or you can with Netscape, Firefox because you can just click the back button on your Browser and really should not be able to but Hotmail lets you do this.
But once you close that Browser window and or logout then no wau can you get it back.
So only way to get deleted Hotmail back is to catch what happen right away and use the back button on the Browser.

Not only get a new address for Avon but get one from your ISP so you can alway download it. Then get a user name that is not like any user name used any place else and not a easy type of name that any spammer can guess because they can just spam any email server with easy to guess names and get someone.
Make it a easy to remember name with AVON in the name.

Sarah Coventry is what Vanna came out wearing for years and then she started wearing all this real hight price stuff. But to see it you have Sarah Coventry Partys in people homes. Call them and get more info. Don't know what age group my mom sold most to but she did good at it and was manager then moved up the next level and the next level and so one so mom did good. Guess they have things for all ages. I got cuff links and tie ticks and a couple rings from mom.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!