Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Run-time error 339 comctl32.ocx"

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 4 posts.

Experience: Einstein
26-Jan-2008, 08:29 PM #1
Run-time error 339 comctl32.ocx"
i recently cloned my xp sp2 operating system to a larger harddrive as my old one had run out of room as i didnt recieve the xp install discs when i bought secod hand now when i try to download of the net and install it stops installing and Run-time error 339 comctl32.ocx" pops up anyone any ideas on a fix
Junior Member with 24 posts.

Experience: Advanced
26-Jan-2008, 09:11 PM #2
Try this, I found it form waterfalls on the castle cops site:
"To make it easier:

1. Just go to the link above. Click where it says "Download COMCTL32.OCX" and select "save to disk" and download it to your desktop or whatever directory you download files to.

2. Right-click on the file, select "cut" - go to your Windows directory and then go to system32 sub-directory. On a blank space in the system32 directory, right-click and select "paste." The file should be copied to the directory. Close the directories.

3. Now go to Start, Run and type:
regsvr32 \windows\system32\COMCTL32.OCX
Notice there's a space after regsvr32 and before the rest of the command. Note this is for WinXP systems. The link gives you commands if you have another OS.

4. You should then get a message saying "DllRegisterServer ... succeeded."

5. Reboot and you're good to go!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope it helps
Junior Member with 24 posts.

Experience: Advanced
26-Jan-2008, 09:13 PM #3
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 4 posts.

Experience: Einstein
28-Jan-2008, 02:36 AM #4
cheers i did this but now it comes up with error x080070005 so i ran a registry scan and it came up with heaps of error in my hive files so ive decided to put my old hard drive back in and use the second hard drive as a slave thanxs for the help jbondjr
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!