Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

NMindexing

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 6 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
08-Feb-2008, 09:15 PM #1
Unhappy NMindexing
What is NM indexing service? I was supposedly burning a CD of an .exe file so I could save it as a hard copy. It was taking a long time & I finally looked at the log of processes running and the hard drive was running at 98% with the NM indexing using all of it. I finally decided to end the process. I'd never seen this before. Is it a problem? my computer is 80gig hard drive, 1 gig RAM, running Window XP pro

Dr J
Computer Specs
Member with 116 posts.

08-Feb-2008, 09:17 PM #2
nmindexing is related to Nero software, could possibly the disc you were using was damaged and nero could no longer write to the cd
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor - Gone but never forgotten with 8,684 posts.

08-Feb-2008, 09:25 PM #3
Description

Personally, I have it disabled.
Computer Specs

08-Feb-2008, 10:27 PM #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawk83 View Post
nmindexing is related to Nero software, could possibly the disc you were using was damaged and nero could no longer write to the cd
that's possible...I was burning a CD today and the process hung at a point where I could not proceed so I tried to delete Nero 7, but it wouldn't allow me to do that so I downloaded a clean patch from Nero to specifically delete Nero 7. Then I downloaded Nero 8 and burned the CD successfully, but it was a time consuming process. If the NM indexing is related to Nero am I having another issue with Nero?
Computer Specs

08-Feb-2008, 10:33 PM #5
thanks, Phil. I'm going to disable Nero Scout. I never really liked it anyway. I've got better photo manager programs anyway. I 'm gettin' excited now!
Computer Specs
Member with 116 posts.

08-Feb-2008, 10:35 PM #6
if you used the nero remover then installed the 8, you shouldn't have a problem
some people do feel nero 8 is not the most stable version of nero, nero 7 is suggested in many forums
But that is all up to user preference though
i personally use nero 7 for burning files to discs and never had a problem, at least not yet
and for iso files, I use power iso to burn
One thing I did notic, after using nero, nmindexing stays as a running process, so I just end the process when I'm done burning
I would use nero and see how things go, and go from there
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!