Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Bluescreen fltmgr.sys?

(!)

Member with 197 posts.

08-Mar-2008, 08:54 AM #1
Bluescreen fltmgr.sys?
Hi All,
I have started to get a problem with my computer. Yesturday I tried to sign in yahoo and my computer turned off! I went to switch it back on and a blue screen error showed on startup it said

*STOP: 0X0000007E COXC0000005 OXF7294003 OXF7989B94 0XF7989890
FLTYMGR.SYS ADDRESS F7294003 BASE AT F7293000 DATESTAMP 44E97991

Also sometimes when i press the power button it sounds 1 long beep! I dont know what that means.....

Hopefully this is only a software problem. If any can help pinpoint the problem, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
Taz
Computer Specs
Member with 45,855 posts.

Experience: I know when to fold em'
08-Mar-2008, 02:24 PM #2
Run eventvwr.msc and look in the System log for recent errors.

Look especially for "disk" errors that may be an indication of drive corruption.

You can double click these to read the details and copy the description to the clipboard by clicking the double-paper copy icon.

Then you can upload a few of these in a notepad text file or paste them here.

Also post a HijackThis scanlog. Let's see what is running. Antivirus and nonWindows firewalls can also be a factor with this driver.

Download and install HijackThis. Run it and select "do a system scan and save the log file". Then copy/paste the contents of the log to a reply

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download5554.html

And check to see whether you have any System Restore points which precede the problem. At your option you can try one (start: run > msconfig > Launch System restore).

These can be undone if not helpful.

>> One long beep may on some systems indicate a power supply problem.

Last edited by Rollin' Rog; 08-Mar-2008 at 02:33 PM..
Member with 197 posts.

08-Mar-2008, 05:18 PM #3
Hi Rollin' Rog

Thanks for your reply. The error has been resolved with the system restore solution, I wish I had thought of it before! I didn't get a chance to do any of the checks because it has been fixed so do you have any idea what it could have been to prevent a future problem? My friend told me that the first time he saw the error he saw the error message pointing to Norton if that means anything?

Thanks for your help.
Computer Specs
Member with 45,855 posts.

Experience: I know when to fold em'
08-Mar-2008, 07:01 PM #4
Well I have only a foggy notion that it might have been either related to something like Norton which scans files using its own so-called "filter drivers" that could cause that system driver to throw a fault -- OR it could have been due to file corruption that the restore resolved -- or some combination of both.

You might want to consider running chkdsk on the drive.

http://www.housing.hawaii.edu/resour...ort/chkdsk.htm

You're certainly welcome for the suggestion or any further help that might be needed.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!