Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: WZCSLDR2.exe - Entry Point Not Found (after updated to SP3)

(!)

Junior Member with 23 posts.

08-May-2008, 12:52 AM #1
Solved: WZCSLDR2.exe - Entry Point Not Found (after updated to SP3)
I recently updated to SP3 then I started getting a pop up saying, "The procedure entry point apsInitialize could not be located in the dynamic link library wlanapi.dll" everytime i turn on the computer. How do I fix it?
Computer Specs
Member with 45,855 posts.

Experience: I know when to fold em'
08-May-2008, 08:57 AM #2
It belongs to the wireless drivers for your wireless configuration, and indicates a version conflict issue of some kind.. Reinstalling them should probably fix it. But see if there is an updated version available.
Computer Specs
Member with 11,849 posts.

Experience: Advanced
08-May-2008, 09:53 AM #3
Welcome to TSG....

Try this and see if it works.

When installing SP3 it adds a new service for Ethernet and Internet connections.

First go to Start>Run and type "services.msc" And Click OK.

Second, You will want to scroll to the bottom and You'll notice "Wired AutoConfig", This is a new feature with SP3 and needs to be enabled so we will want to Right+Click and Go to Properties.

There will be a Drop-down box that Probably says Manual. This needs to be changed to Automatic. Then Click OK.

After the previous steps have been followed Right+Click on "Wired AutoConfig" Again and Choose, "Start" Since the service hasn't officially been started we need to start it.

Reboot the computer just to make sure the change takes place.

Hope this works.

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Heaven goes by favorites, If it didn't then your dog would get in first. Amen.
Junior Member with 23 posts.

10-May-2008, 06:30 PM #4
that fixed it. thank you
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

17-May-2008, 12:01 PM #5
I get same WZCSLDR2.exe boot-up error message after installing WinXP SP3, except it indicates that entry point apsGetMIB cannot be found. I tried the excellent suggestion by ozrom1e, but it did not fix my system. As a workaround, I used msconfig to disable WZCSLDR2.exe at bootup. Everything seems to work now, includiing my wired LAN and wireless connections. I would prefer a solution without a workaround. How do I fix this?
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

19-May-2008, 09:33 PM #6
Microsoft knows about this one
Take a look at what Microsoft Support says at:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950720

In summary, they say to go to your network adapter's manufacturer and get the latest Win XP SP3-compatible driver for your network card. So it's NOT just DLINK; it's a lot of different ones. Arggg! Every Laptop I have has a different brand of network adapter, so I'm just going to UNinstall WinXP SP3.

Good luck,
RayT
Junior Member with 4 posts.

Experience: Hard earned
24-May-2008, 07:06 AM #7
D - Link & XP SP3
I had problems when I downloaded & installed SP3 also; however, the re-load worked for me. Since I have a USB Wireless adapter (WU 1340) I unplugged it, then used the CD to reinstall the driver. When I re-inserted the adapter the system recognized it & everything worked fine.
One thing I have discovered already though - whenever you use Windows to troubleshoot this setup, it disables the driver, then fails - leaving you stuck with an error message and of course another chance to use that nice shiny new D-Link installation CD.

Good luck, and Grace to you.
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
09-Sep-2008, 10:04 PM #8
WZCSLDR2.exe - Entry Point Not Found (after updated to SP3)
My first post so bear with me.

I recently pulled a laptop out of the closet that hadn't been used for awhile. When I brought it on line all worked well. I ran auto updates and it downloaded SP3. Now, right after Windows loads a dialogue box shows "The procedure entry point apsInitialize could not be located in the dynamic link library wlanapi.dll." Plus, I get poor performance out of my Wireless connection.

I reloaded the driver for the wireless device from the manufacturer's website as suggested. I am still getting the dialogue box and poor performance. Any other suggestions?

10-Sep-2008, 08:50 AM #9
Did you forget....
Remember to go to start > administration tools > services and turn on (start) the "wired auto-config" service. Reboot.

Good luck, and grace to you.
Computer Specs

12-Sep-2008, 08:27 PM #10
Yes, I set it up to start automatically. I am at a loss. I have 2 other computers that connect to the wireless network without any problems and the laptop in question has no problem connecting through its ethernet card. I reloaded the drivers for the wireless device and still no joy.

12-Sep-2008, 09:53 PM #11
One more thing.
What about "wireless zero config"? (start > admin tools > services > wireless zero config.) If it's off or set to manual, set it to Automatic.

If this still doesn't work you may have to call Microsoft tech support.

Good luck, and grace to you.
Junior Member with 1 posts.

18-Sep-2008, 09:44 AM #12
I was receiving the following at startup after installing Windows XP SP3:

wzcsldr2.exe - No entry point found

The procedure entry point apsInitialize could not be located in the dynamic link library wlanapi.dll.

I complied with OZROM1E's suggestion with no positive results. I then updated my D-Link DWL-G520 wireless card driver and the problem was corrected. I suspect that starting the Service "Wired AutoConfig" as per OZROM1E's suggestion was also necessary.
Computer Specs

24-Sep-2008, 04:35 PM #13
I quit. I tried everything that I could think of to fix the problem. Microsoft's tech support claimed that the re-loading of the wireless card's driver should have fixed the problem. I de-installed SP3 and problem vanished.

24-Sep-2008, 10:39 PM #14
Understood.
Yeah, I can understand that; it was my next (if all else fails) suggestion.

Grace to you.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!