Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Kodak All-in-one 5100 does not print with black ink

(!)

diablo75 diablo75 is offline diablo75 has a Profile Picture
Member with 615 posts.

Experience: Advanced
15-Jul-2008, 04:36 PM #1
Kodak All-in-one 5100 does not print with black ink
I have a Kodak All-in-one printer/scanner/copier that appears to not want to print black ink.

To rule out the possibility of this being a printer driver issue, I just tried to copy something using the easy copy button on top, telling it to make a black and white copy of this cross-word puzzle from a new paper. This feature doesn't (as far as I know) rely on the computer at all, and should not be dependant on software or drivers... What it printed out practically looks like a faint negative. Where black is supposed to be, it's white. Where white is supposed to be, it's a faint grey. VERY strange.

If you tried to print a test page with it, you would get nothing but the colored Windows logo (the four boxes) and everything else would be blank.

This is a brand spanking new black ink cartridge as well, the third one purchased since the printer was first purchased 7 months ago. And I know it's not used anywhere near the ink needed to merit purchasing any new ink. But when this started acting up, it was thought replacing with a fresh batch would solve the problem.

I've also uninstalled and re-installed the Kodak easy share software and print drivers twice, but nothing has helped.

I'm thinking the next thing I try is to wrap a chain around it and throw it off a boat, drag it along the floor, and then detach it near the entrence side of a the spillway of a dam....
Computer Specs
Senior Member with 568 posts.

Experience: Advanced
15-Jul-2008, 06:33 PM #2
I cannot count how many issues I've had with all-in-ones, to the point I buy them like disposable dishes. Buy one cheap with ink, it runs out, chuck it (or sell it on ebay) and buy another one. I've even saved money (due to ink costs...) overall.

Also, stick to laser printers. Even though the cost of cartridges are higher compared to ink jet, they last 100x's longer. For example my old HP 6L is still using the same cartridge for nearly 3 years. Try that with an inkjet, I don't think you'd make 6 months even if you never used it. Btw the 6L is the only printer I've kept, and it's nearly 10 years old, even though I have a newer samsung color laser, I still use this reliable guy a lot.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!