Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Windows Update error 0x800700B

(!)

piano9playa5 piano9playa5 is offline piano9playa5 is authorized to help remove malware.
Member with 132 posts.

26-Jul-2008, 06:00 PM #1
Solved: Windows Update error 0x800700B
HI, When ever I try to view the windows update I get the error 0x800700B. I have tried about 20 sites and none of the solutions have helped me. Please help.
I am running windows XP Home edition SP2. I also noticed that many download links take me to winantiviruspro.net, a page that says: <Website> is invalid with a search bar underneath or a page that say Internet Explorer Cannot Display this Page.
EDIT: When I try to download something, I click on the download link and the link fails as if it is an incorrect URL. All Downloads from microsoft won't work and downloads such as SUPERantispyware don't work either. I am able to install SOME programs through alternative websites. I am unsure, but I think that my problem is malware/adware that is blocking websites with download, windowsupdate, update, etc. in the place of www. I have tried everthing and I am desperate for help.
New Knowledge: I looked around and figured out that the last windows update was able to install on the 12th of December, the same day that Service Pack 2 was installed by windows update. Which lead me into thinking that Service Pack 2 is the reason for Windows update not being able to work. Internet Explorer 7 was also installed with SP2 and I think that Windows Update may not be able to run in IE7.
However that does not solve my question:
How do I fix error 0x800700B and download link errors.

Last edited by piano9playa5; 26-Jul-2008 at 10:00 PM..
piano9playa5 piano9playa5 is offline piano9playa5 is authorized to help remove malware.
Member with 132 posts.

29-Jul-2008, 07:46 PM #2
Talking Solved!
I posted HJT log on malware removal and the removal of a browser hijacker solved my problem! thanks anyways and good luck to those who are suffering from the same issue. Bye.

Special Thanks To *drum roll* : Cybertech
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!