Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: super hidden files and folders

(!)

Junior Member with 11 posts.

Experience: Advanced
13-Aug-2008, 08:42 PM #1
Solved: super hidden files and folders
hey guys, i need info on whether theres a program or something that i can use that will automatically remove the super hidden status of files and folders.
i had a virus go through my system and screw up all my files by making them super hidden and im sick of using command prompt to remove the attribute from the individual files and folders.

so if theres an easier way to do all my files in one go i would be very appreciative.
Computer Specs
Member with 51,993 posts.

13-Aug-2008, 09:48 PM #2
I have never seen one. The superhidden files are never supposed to be visible, so their attributes are never changed.

You could simply make all superhidden files visible, though that can cause problems, too, if you don't want to see deskyop.ini's in every folder and ActiveX controls.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanc ed\SuperHidden

Change to 1.

14-Aug-2008, 01:48 AM #3
yeah i've already shown all super hidden files by changing the registry value so all hidden and super hidden files appear in explorer but are faded. the problem is that when i go to try and remove the hidden attribute it shows the "hidden" box as grayed-out and i cant change it.

So the only way i can remove the hidden attribute is to use command prompt (*:\ attrib -r -s -h *.*) and remove it manually.

all i want is a program or something to do that for me. something line dragging and dropping the files in there and it removes the attribute for me.
Computer Specs

14-Aug-2008, 11:59 AM #4
There are a large number of "attribute changing" applications out there, most freeware.

Example:

http://www.webattack.com/get/achanger.html

15-Aug-2008, 12:56 AM #5
a million thanks Elvandil, the programs just what i was looking for!!
Computer Specs

15-Aug-2008, 09:57 AM #6
You can mark your own threads "solved" using the button above.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!