Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

unknown driver help

(!)

Junior Member with 11 posts.

Experience: Beginner
30-Oct-2008, 09:37 PM #1
Exclamation unknown driver help
i just recently downgraded my vista on my Toshiba sat a135 s2386 to xp home....i got most of the drivers installed and running pretty well but i am still missing 2 more drivers...the problem is i don't know what it is missing. and i'm wondering if you guys can help me out.

the device instance id is
ACPI\PNP0C32\1
ACPI\PNP0C32\2

i also have an error while trying to update window from Microsoft. the error stated
"The site cannot continue because one or more of these Windows services is not running:"

Automatic Updates (allows the site to find, download and install high-priority updates for your computer)
Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) (helps updates download more quickly and without problems if the download process is interrupted)
Event Log (keeps a record of updating activities to help with troubleshooting, if needed)
To make sure these services are running:
1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. Type services.msc and then click OK.
3. In the list of services, double-click on Automatic Updates and then click Properties.
4. In the Startup type list, select Automatic and click Apply.
5. Verify that the Service status is started, if the Service Status is Stopped click on the Start Button.
6. In the list of services, double-click on Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) and then click Properties.
7. In the Startup type list, select Manual and click Apply.
8. Verify that the Service status is started, If the Service Status is Stopped click on the Start Button.
9. In the list of services, double-click on Event Log and then click Properties.
10. In the Startup type list, select Automatic and click Apply.
11. Verify that the Service status is started, If the Service Status is Stopped click on the Start Button.
If this does not resolve the problem you may request help from one of the following resources.

For self-help options:

Frequently Asked Questions
Find Solutions
Windows Update Newsgroup
For assisted support options:
Microsoft Online Assisted Support (no-cost for Windows Update issues)

need help thanks in advance
Member with 433 posts.

Experience: Software Developer
30-Oct-2008, 10:30 PM #2
ACPI is power management. See if Toshiba has any XP downloads related to power management.

Regarding automatic updates, you should try doing a manual download of SP3 (or SP2, if you want to be safe) and see if that fixes the problem. If you go with SP2, make sure to update to SP3 once you get everything to work.

By the way, if you are running XP with file sharing enabled, make sure that you do NOT plug your machine into a network until you have all the latest updates. Also be sure to enable the Windows firewall (or better yet, install a thrid party firewall such as Comodo or Sunbelt).
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!