Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Desktop icons slow to load

(!)

Member with 74 posts.

28-Nov-2008, 04:14 PM #1
Question Desktop icons slow to load
I hope someone can help me.
The past couple of weeks my desktop icons have been very slow to load. When I turn on my computer the desktop comes up as usual, and the 'wallpaper' I use is there (a color with a small photo in the center) but the icons take a few minutes to appear, once they do then my task bar also loads and everything is normal...

why are my desktop icons taking so long to show up? It was suugested I make my icon cache larger...but I have no isea how to do that. I was also told a safe mode boot up might help...but I have never started in safe mode, and not sure about trying it.

I am certain I have no nasty things lurking, and I de frag ect often.

There must be an easy fix to slow loading desktop icons...can someone help me?
Thank you.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!