Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

stuck in safe mode

(!)

Junior Member with 2 posts.

04-Dec-2008, 04:24 PM #1
Exclamation stuck in safe mode
my home pc is stuck in power safe mode. When I turn it on, the screen says "power safe mode, press any key or move the mouse". The mouse and keyboard do not respond. I have tried f8 and all that, but again the keyboard does not respond. The dvd rom does not spin. I can not use this thing at all. I changed the battery after it happened and still same story. It isn't running in safe mode because it isn't doing anything. It is a e machine, about a year old running on windows xp. Any suggestions? My husband has a laptop, is there a way to hook them up to each other so I can atleast get my pictures from it?
Senior Member with 3,362 posts.

Experience: More than enough to get myself in trouble
04-Dec-2008, 04:32 PM #2
Does it say "Safe" or "Save"?
Senior Member with 3,362 posts.

Experience: More than enough to get myself in trouble
04-Dec-2008, 04:34 PM #3
EDIT:
Either way, try this:
Unplug the power cord for the PC and the Monitor and then hold the power button down for about 30 seconds. then connect everything back and see if it boots.
Junior Member with 2 posts.

04-Dec-2008, 05:51 PM #4
it is power save not safe, sorry. I just unpluged it and hold power for 30 seconds and hooked it back up and same thing but when I did that, The fans moved backwords one time.

Last edited by swynn42; 04-Dec-2008 at 06:49 PM..
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!