Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Hard Drive Self Test Error #1 - 07 Fail & Reinstalling Windows XP

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Beginner
15-Dec-2008, 12:20 AM #1
Hard Drive Self Test Error #1 - 07 Fail & Reinstalling Windows XP
This problem started with a bad driver file from my printer. I was able to get my desktop to work, but it has crashed my laptop.

I have been trying to reinstall operating system (XP) on my Compaq Presario V2000. I deleted the partition and did the slower version of the formatting the partition. It game back with an error message that there was a partmgr.sys driver error. It suggested to disable the BIOS memory options by starting up in safe mode. I had no idea how to do that, but when I was there ran the hard drive self test and came up with test error #1 - 07 fail. I also reloaded the setup defaults for the PhoenixBIOS.

How do I fix this problem (the self-test and ultimately getting my computer to accept the reinstall)?

Thanks!
Member with 2,244 posts.

Experience: Advanced
15-Dec-2008, 12:42 AM #2
To fix the self test you need to replace the hard drive. That's the whole point of a self test, if it fails it means your drive is bad.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
hard drive self test fail, reinstall windows xp

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!