Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Acer Aspire One Restore Failed!

(!)

Junior Member with 5 posts.

25-Mar-2009, 09:25 PM #1
Angry Acer Aspire One Restore Failed!
Hey all. I'm new here so I hope I'm posting in the right forum.

Here's my problem. I have an Acer Aspire One (Windows XP) from a friend who wanted the malware removed. I worked on it for a bit, after a few frustrating hours I decided it was too far gone and proceeded to back up everything and do a factory restore. I first tried it through the Acer recovery in Windows. It got to a certain point, stopped at DRIVER.CAB the gave me a Restore Failed Reason: 0xf0000005. So I clicked to restart and decided to try the Alt F10. Same thing..it gets to the same spot and gives me the error. Now when I try to boot normally it says "NTLDR.EXE is missing. Press ctrl alt del to restart". So I was stuck. I emailed Acer support and they told me to do what I already tried to do. I emailed again and they told me the warranty was up and gave me a URL where I could order restore CDs. . So I was wondering if anyone had any ideas I could try other than ordering them. Please note, if you're not familiar with the Acer Aspire One, it has NO CD ROM or floppy drive. I will post more information if needed. Thank you
Lance1   (Lance) Lance1 is offline Lance1 has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 5,224 posts.

26-Mar-2009, 12:16 AM #2
Do you have a USB thumb drive? My daughter has one of these. It has XP Home. Do you have a legitimate copy of XP Home? Copy it direct to the thumb drive and set the bios to boot from USB drive and use the key on the back of the unit to install. If the home CD is OEM there is a chance it won't except the key.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
acer aspire one, restore failed

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!