Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Won't Boot Up Even On Safe Mode (Flashing Blue Screen)

(!)

Junior Member with 2 posts.

16-Oct-2009, 10:44 AM #1
Unhappy Won't Boot Up Even On Safe Mode (Flashing Blue Screen)
Hello,

I Need Help! My laptop won't boot up. In the middle of booting, a blue screen will flash (can't even read the message because it flashes so fast), then it will take me to a black and white screen with options to choose Safe Mode, Last Known Good Config and other options. Whichever I choose, windows will start booting but process will just be the same, blue screen flashes and will take me back to option screen. I was tempted to stick in my system restore disk but I'm afraid, will I lose all my data if I do that? Please help me. Maybe you have other idea to get my computer up and running without losing anything. I would really appreciate your help. Thanks!

Jae
Trusted Advisor with 15,971 posts.

16-Oct-2009, 12:45 PM #2
Hi try..
Tap f 8 while your system is starting up.
Choose safe mode with command prompt.
Log on as an admin.
At command prompt type
%systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

This will launch System Restore.
Choose a date prior to the problem.
Junior Member with 2 posts.

16-Oct-2009, 11:46 PM #3
Hello There,

Thanks for responding. I did what you've suggested, but after pressing F8 and chose Safe Mode with command prompt," it took me to a black/blank screen with message on top that says, "multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe." Is that telling what the problem is? What do you think I can do next?

I really appreciate your help.

Jae
Trusted Advisor with 15,971 posts.

17-Oct-2009, 05:00 AM #4
It could that the ntoskrnl.exe is missing or corrupt or the boot ini file is not recognize.
Check.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314477
You will need the original install Cd.
Junior Member with 5 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
24-Oct-2009, 11:22 AM #5
Same issue
My young daughters Acer one is doing the same thing booting then disk check blue screen, black screen then back to boot then disk check a maddening circle. I F8'ed and disabled the check to read the blue screen and suggest to go to safe mode "to remove or disable components". i can't get to safe mode it won't load at all. any suggestions?

to ad I have an external USB dvd drive for the disks needed, It's XP sp 3, 8 GB SSHD and a 8GB expansion SD card.
Computer Specs
Moderator with 52,551 posts.

24-Oct-2009, 01:40 PM #6
Kingston1
Please do not respond to threads with your problem, it gets very confusing - start a new thread of your own
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
blue screen, won't boot

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!