Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

windows xp showing blue screen with error 7E

(!)

Junior Member with 5 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
02-Nov-2009, 05:26 PM #1
windows xp showing blue screen with error 7E
Hi,I have a IBMtinkpad R40 laptop with windows xp SP2.Recently suddenly I got BSOD error:
STOP:7E(0xc0000005,0x8735f4c9,0xf7b42c50,0xf7b4294c)
Then I try to go in safe mode but I checked any of the booting options are not working showing the same blue screen error at startup.My system having PC doctor,so I did a diagnostic full test,the result passed everything except " modem dialtune failed".I don't know whether this making my system dead or not?Also I checked there is no mini dump happened.
My system is not having any CD driver,but the recovery console is installed.So I tried with that ,did the CHKDSK /R.Result is every thing fine,no bad disk.I really dont know how to do other repairing in recovery console.
where is the problem?
I tried another option to go into my drive,thats the NTFS Active boot disk(demo version).With this I tried the same chkdsk /F.Result :no error.
I checked through the file recovery tool,to see what time the problem happened and any file/folder modified/deleted.thats also seems ok.So pls help me how to troubleshot my system.Is it possible to make change any system file through Active boot,so that my system will boot normally?
I dont want to loose anything as I don't have the original OS CD with me..
Appreciate any quick response...

Last edited by gms123; 03-Nov-2009 at 12:55 AM..
Computer Specs
Member with 71 posts.

Experience: Advanced
02-Nov-2009, 06:57 PM #2
When exactly does the blue screen occur? Can you boot into normal Windows at all? STOP errors like yours are usually caused by faulty drivers...

Since you can boot into safe mode, you might try doing a system restore to a time before the blue screens started happening. If you can get into safe mode with networking, try to update some of your drivers. I might be able to be more specific, but I'd have to know when exactly the blue screen occurs.

03-Nov-2009, 12:27 AM #3
Thanks for your response.No I am not able to boot in safe mode.The exact time is when I boot the system,it asking for windows xp or recovery console,when I opt for windows xp,the copy right of Windows xp screen come,then after 1 min the blue screen come.For the driver issue I checked it through NTFS active disk,there it showing as Healthy.So pls tell me if I can recover it through "Recovery console".
One more thing is that in BSOD screen,there is no driver specific stop error showing.

05-Nov-2009, 08:37 PM #4
Hi,here I have done some troubleshooting like chkdsk/p followed by /FIXBOOT.Also tried with System restore in console ,but all the steps gave the same output as bsod error while startup.So pls anybody guide me to repair my system .
Junior Member with 1 posts.

22-Nov-2009, 12:52 PM #5
still having problems? I work on Lenovo Thinkpads. I read your problems. Are you still running strictly all IBM installed equipment and is your laptop still configured like it was new?

Does the blue button on keyboard bring up diagnostics

Is Rescue & Recovery installed?

Not sure if I can fix the problem, but might be able to save your data and return your system to original factory new config.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
bsod, error 7e

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!