Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Acer aspire one blue screen of death. Help please!!

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Beginner
03-Nov-2009, 04:32 PM #1
Exclamation Acer aspire one blue screen of death. Help please!!
I have a Acer aspire one zg5, you know the little mini laptops? Well my problem is that it wont turn on. This is what happened:

Last night i finished my homework, decided to play a game, im not sure if your familiar with the game worms, well i like alot so i decided to try to find a site to download it from.

I found one and downloaded the game, now i have mcafee installed so im feeling pretty confident that nothing bad will happen. And the copy i was downloading was not illegal, it was only a demo since you have to purchase the whole game.

But anyways, it came in a winrar archive, so i extracted the files and clicked on the setup, a notice popped up that said "mcafee has blocked and removed a...trojan something" So i deleted the files cuz i dont want a virus on my pc.

Then i try anothe site, now this one is probably questionable to say the least, i decided to download the application instead of the files seeing as how a second ago mcafee had protected my pc, i felt like nothing would happen.

So i do, and my computer goes to the blue error screen and then shuts off. It restarts and everything looks okay, so i decide to give up on the game and im about to start a scan to remove anything that might have come in with the application and my pc just turns to the blue screen again, and restarts, i cant read what error it is because it only stays there for about 1 second and restarts.

And thats where it is now, i turn it on, it goes to the blue screen, it restarts, it goes to the blue scree, restarts, over and over. Thats all it does, it doenst get to the desktop or even the welcome page.

Im decent with computers and can figure out how to fix some problem but mostly problem that occur while the computer is on such as the famous "personal antivirus" trojan, i can get rid of it easily, but now that my computer wont even start, i have no clue what to do.

If you have any ideas please let me know, i would truly appreciate it, one thing to keep in mind is that my laptop does not have a cd/dvd drive or a floppy drive. Please help if you can, thank you
Computer Specs
Member with 5,119 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
03-Nov-2009, 04:54 PM #2
Can you start it in safe mode?
vicks
Member with 1,664 posts.

03-Nov-2009, 11:41 PM #3
http://netbooks-us.custhelp.com/
you will need a usb chip drive or a USB_cdrom drive
Member with 1,664 posts.

03-Nov-2009, 11:44 PM #4
as Vicks said try safe mode boot up and log on as administrator.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
acer, blue screen of death

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!