Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

jCarousel: No width/height set for items. This will cause an infinite loop. Aborting

(!)

Member with 60 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
10-Nov-2009, 10:44 AM #1
jCarousel: No width/height set for items. This will cause an infinite loop. Aborting
hi i keep getting the error jCarousel: No width/height set for items. This will cause an infinite loop. Aborting how do i get rid of this i hit ok and it comes back thanks
Lance1   (Lance) Lance1 is offline Lance1 has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 5,224 posts.

10-Nov-2009, 11:40 AM #2
I found something that mite help. The site that this came from had overlapping text so I copied the relevant text and I'll post it for you.

Quote:
"jCarousel: No width/height set for items. This will cause an infinite loop. Aborting..."

On this website, I use jCarousel for the "Lifestream" scroller on the front page tabs block. I would always get this error message every time the front page loads, regardless of the browser I use. I have been searching for a solution for many months and have finally found one.

SOLUTION: Not sure if this is really a solution or workaround, but it does the job of stopping the nagging popup box once and for all (while permitting jCarousel functionality).

1. Open jquery.jcarousel.pack.js in the ../jcarousel/lib/ directory.

2. Seach for the word "alert" and you should find a snippet of code like this:
Aborting|loop|infinite|an|cause|will|This|items|set|No|jCarousel|alert|clas s|

3. Replace "alert" with "isNan":
Aborting|loop|infinite|an|cause|will|This|items|set|No|jCarousel|isNan|clas s|

4. Refresh the webpage that loads jCarousel and you should no longer get the infinite loop popup error!
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!