Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Trouble installing Windows XP

(!)

Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Beginner
15-Dec-2009, 07:42 AM #1
Unhappy Trouble installing Windows XP
Ok, first of all English is not my first language so this message might be a little confusing, but I'll try my best.
So, I have a MacBook Pro and I decided to install Windows in it with Boot Camp. The installation was Ok, but after installing it, it said I had to activate before being able to actually use it. But, because I hadn't logged on yet I couldn't use the internet because I still didn't install the drivers. So, looking on the internet I found out you don't need to activate by using Safe Mode. So, I used Safe Mode to log in and was going to install the drivers, but when I tried this message appeared "the system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation". I looked on google some solutions, but no luck. Well there is one on something called registry but they say that if I don't know what that is to not mess with it so... Can someone help me please? =/
Oh, and the telephone thing also didn't work because where I live there is no number ><
Computer Specs
Member with 3,334 posts.

15-Dec-2009, 07:50 AM #2
Hi and welcome to TSG.

I haven't used a MacBook myself so not entirely sure if it't exactly the same as normal, but for a standard WinXP installation you should still be able to logon to your normal account (that you created during installation) or the default admin account. You should be able to use Windows without any issues for 30 days before it is activated. That way you can install all your drivers etc and get your internet setup to do it.

Basically, you have 30 days to activate it, during that time you can use it as normal. After the 30 days, if you haven't activated it, it will stop working.

Hope that makes sense.
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Beginner
15-Dec-2009, 08:01 AM #3
Yeah I know, I read that when I was looking for solutions. I don't know why, but I have to activate it before I can actually use it, except in Safe Mode =/
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
boot camp, installation, windows xp

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!