Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Gateway e4300 won't boot to XP OS

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Beginner
06-Jan-2010, 05:38 PM #1
Gateway e4300 won't boot to XP OS
I was trying to reimage a pc using Symantec Ghost image, but the 1st image dvd was bad and gave an error message and booted to DOS Arompt. I did a ctrl+alt+del and rebooted to a message to insert the System Recovery cd, I did and when it was complete it ejected the dvd and rebooted. It then says it completed installing the XP OS and drivers. I rebooted and it looped back to insert the System Recovery cd. It will not boot to windows nor to a cd now. How can I get the system to boot to a cd/dvd so I can reimage the pc?
Member with 145 posts.

Experience: AT WHAT ?
06-Jan-2010, 06:38 PM #2
Access the BIOS on the PC and make the CD drive bootable.
If you are unsure of how to access the BIOS - look in your computer setup manual. If you do not have the manual - here is a web site on Accessing the BIOS.
http://compreviews.about.com/cs/pcha...s/a/aaBIOS.htm
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!