Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Keyboard keeps missing letters

(!)

Junior Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Beginner
14-Jan-2010, 11:14 PM #1
Solved: Keyboard keeps missing letters
My keyboard on my laptop keeps missing letters / spaces... very annoying problem. any help would be appreciated.

Things I have tryed:
Cleaned keyboard
Updated the drivers
full virus / spyware / malware -clean-
not a wireless keyboard

This is an eample of what thkeyboard types, nly ppens once ad a while
"This is an example of what the keyboard types, only happens once and a while"

thanks
Computer Specs
Member with 32 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
15-Jan-2010, 03:40 AM #2
This drove me mad. I eventually pulled all the key caps off, turned the keyboard upside down and gave it a good clean out using a low pressure air gun. You'd be surprised how much gunk builds up in the keyboard over a month. I used a light silicone spray on the white tubes that the key caps click into. It helps to take a photo before hand so you don't put the caps on in the wrong order. Hope this works for you. Failing that, and if you've had the keyboard for a few years, it could just be plain wear and tear and time for a new one. Cheers.

15-Jan-2010, 09:57 AM #3
Well, Im pretty sure its not from dirt although worth a shot. It happend overnight. working fine to this. I would get a new keyboard, but its a laptop.....

Any other ideas??

15-Jan-2010, 04:48 PM #4
Just wanted to let anyone know who is searching for this problem that the reason keystrokes were being missed was due to a dead laptop battery. Guess it was putting off little surges that the sofware could not handle for that split second.

took out the battery and now typing like a dream. I typed this whole thing without a missed letter!
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!