Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Cannot print a PDF

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 348 posts.

Experience: Beginner
10-Feb-2010, 11:41 PM #1
Solved: Cannot print a PDF
I am trying to print the first page of a PDF which I have printed before and am getting the message "The document could not be printed" "There were no pages selected to print"

I had selected the page, I also tried selecting "current page".

I tried a different printer but still the same.

I downloaded the document from the web again but still the same.

I would be grateful for some help.

mygoose
cwwozniak   (Chuck) cwwozniak is offline cwwozniak is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions. cwwozniak has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 46,355 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
11-Feb-2010, 12:13 AM #2
There is no guarantee that I will have an answer but it might help if you told us exactly what software you are using to open and print the PDF file.

Can you provide a download link for the file?
Computer Specs
Member with 348 posts.

11-Feb-2010, 12:46 AM #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwwozniak View Post
There is no guarantee that I will have an answer but it might help if you told us exactly what software you are using to open and print the PDF file.

Can you provide a download link for the file?
Thanks for reply.

I have Adobe Acrobat 5 installed and Adobe Reader 9.

To be frank I never know which one is used to open and print my PDF files but I assume its the Adobe Reader 9. I print them quite often and never had a problem before.

This is the URL to download the PDF. It is the manual for the Panasonic Breadmaker SD254. I've tried printing it from the PDF saved on my PC (have printed it from here several times before) and a new download with no avail.

http://safemanuals.com/user-guide-instructions-owner-manual/PANASONIC/SD254-_E

Thanks for help.

mygoose

cwwozniak   (Chuck) cwwozniak is offline cwwozniak is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions. cwwozniak has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs

11-Feb-2010, 08:50 AM #4
I am not sure how much help I can offer. I stopped using Adobe Acrobat Reader a while ago when it became a major hunk of bloatware and have been using Foxit Viewer freeware. FWiW I used your link to get to the download page for the actual PDF file. I am on desktop PC running 64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium and the file opened fine with FoxitReader. I was able to open the file and print the first page (outside front and back covers) with no problem with Foxit Viewer and an Epson multifunction printer.

Does Acrobat Reader 9 have any kind of print preview menu selection? If so, does it show the first page correctly?

Can you print any of the pages from the bread maker manual?

Can you open a completely different PDF file and print the first page with no problem?
Computer Specs
Member with 348 posts.

11-Feb-2010, 11:23 AM #5
Quote:
I am not sure how much help I can offer. I stopped using Adobe Acrobat Reader a while ago when it became a major hunk of bloatware and have been using Foxit Viewer freeware. FWiW I used your link to get to the download page for the actual PDF file. I am on desktop PC running 64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium and the file opened fine with FoxitReader. I was able to open the file and print the first page (outside front and back covers) with no problem with Foxit Viewer and an Epson multifunction printer.

Does Acrobat Reader 9 have any kind of print preview menu selection? If so, does it show the first page correctly?

Can you print any of the pages from the bread maker manual?

Can you open a completely different PDF file and print the first page with no problem?
Thanks for reply and no it does not print any PDF first pages.

Why did I not think of that??

So I uninstalled Adobe Reader 9 and re-installed it and now it's fine.

Thanks for excellent help.

mygoose
Computer Specs

11-Feb-2010, 01:53 PM #6
You're welcome. I didn't do that much except try to figure out if the problem was with the file or the software.

If things are working as expected, can you please mark this thread as "solved" using the button above your first post.
Computer Specs
Member with 348 posts.

11-Feb-2010, 02:00 PM #7
Quote:
You're welcome. I didn't do that much except try to figure out if the problem was with the file or the software.

If things are working as expected, can you please mark this thread as "solved" using the button above your first post.
Oh yes you did. You were a great help and did exactly what was needed.

I feel a bit silly for not thinking of it myself.

Thanks again

mygoose
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!