Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

99 CPU usage from svchost.exe running DCOM Server Process Launcher

(!)

Junior Member with 1 posts.

15-Jun-2010, 11:41 AM #1
Unhappy 99 CPU usage from svchost.exe running DCOM Server Process Launcher
Hello,
Yesterday afternoon my computer stopped responding so I had to use the 10-second safety turn off. This morning Windows XP Professional didn't boot up at all so I had to do an in-place reinstall of Windows. It worked and my system is now up and running but very very slow because one of the svchost.exe process is using between 80-100% of my CPU (which has only 1.8 Ghz). Using Process Explorer I see that the specific svchost.exe consuming my CPU is running DCOM Server Process Launcher [DcomLaunch] AND Terminal services [TermService]. I'm not sure if this helps you but I've recently started playing again Counter Strike and had some trouble with it.
I've tried solving the problem using the advise on http://www.technibble.com/how-to-fix...u-memory-leak/ but that didn't work out because there was an erorr when installing the last update so I restored my PC to where it was just before I tried fixing it.
Thank you in advance for your solutions and I will try telling if they worked (just posting this was a gargantous effort because of my problem, but thanks to Chrome I've done it!!!)
Junior Member with 1 posts.

15-Jul-2010, 03:10 AM #2
Hey I have same problem here. So im going to format my computer. Have you found any solutions? please email me if you have. tuguldr@yahoo.com. Very Thanks
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
dcom server process, svchosts.exe 100 cpu

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!