Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Windows XP Hang-up at Windows Home Screen

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 27 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
24-Jun-2010, 05:04 PM #1
Question Windows XP Hang-up at Windows Home Screen
First and foremost, I did a search in the forums and although some offer good suggestions and solutions, they don't pertain to what I am experiencing. If after reading my post, you can link me to proper instructions/solution, I thank you in advance.

I have a Windows XP computer that is only loading to the Welcome screen. This computer has 2 user accounts set up on it and it does not even load the user accounts to try to gain access into Windows.

I have tried going into Safe Mode and Safe Mode with Networking to NO success. I don't know any other options beyond this point except for re-installing Windows (which I am trying to avoid to save data on my hard drive).

If I need to re-install Windows, I know I can put my hard drive in another system and back up the information first but I am hoping I don't need to do that.

Does anyone know how I can get Windows to finish loading so I can fix the hang up it is going through?
Computer Specs
Account Disabled with 2,664 posts.

Experience: The Matrix
24-Jun-2010, 08:27 PM #2
fairly sure this is when your particular xp version is trying very hard to connect to a network, all xp thinks its for business till you turn services off. have you waited like say 5 mins?? if you cant get into safe mode though probably a faulty installation? dirty disc? fingerprints on it etc etc???
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 26 posts.

Experience: Advanced
25-Jun-2010, 01:53 AM #3
Go to BIOS and change the boot options. It would work Fine then. Thanks
Computer Specs
Member with 92 posts.

25-Jun-2010, 07:26 AM #4
I have just started having the same problem, i had the same thing last year aswell and was told i need a new hard drive. That did fix it last time but is there anything else it could be? Don't really want to have to buy a new hard drive
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
windows xp hang-up

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!