Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

add/remove programs not populating list

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 4 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
22-Sep-2010, 03:39 PM #1
add/remove programs not populating list
win xp pro, won't populate list getting; Please wait while the list is being populated. Have not done a system restore because I'm likely to loose all recent installs.
Ent   (Josiah) Ent is online now Ent is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions.
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 5,248 posts.

22-Sep-2010, 04:27 PM #2
Try downloading CCleaner and looking at its uninstall section, found under Tools. Do not touch the registry cleaner part. Add or Remove programs can take a long time to populate but CCleaner does it within a few seconds. This might tell us whether it is just AoRP feeling sluggish or whether something has actually gone wrong with the list.
Computer Specs

22-Sep-2010, 04:52 PM #3
OK, I downloaded and ran it cleaner only.
Ent   (Josiah) Ent is online now Ent is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions.
Computer Specs

22-Sep-2010, 05:06 PM #4
Sorry for not being clear. I didn't mean to say run the cleaner section, though that shouldn't cause any real harm. In CCleaner on the left hand side are four buttons: Cleaner, Registry, Tools, and Options. If you click on the Tools section you have a further choice of three of which the first is a similar list to AoRP. See whether that list loads in a reasonable amount of time.
Computer Specs

22-Sep-2010, 05:15 PM #5
OK, Uninstall,startup,and system restore, the uninstall is the list that should be in control panel
Computer Specs

22-Sep-2010, 05:21 PM #6
Correct. You can use that list to uninstall any program you need to uninstall, much as you would use its control panel equivalent. If it loads correctly and in good time I'd be inclined to just use it; whatever problem you report with the Windows program is probably just its own slowness and apparently doesn't affect the CCleaner version.
Computer Specs
Senior Member with 2,461 posts.

22-Sep-2010, 05:36 PM #7
mountainman1, Do the following which may correct your problem.

Click Start>Run then copy & paste or type in:

REGSVR32 APPWIZ.CPL

Click OK

Restart your computer.

Note that there is a space between the 2 and the A

Tufenuf
Computer Specs

22-Sep-2010, 08:00 PM #8
I'm sorry for the delay my DSL kept dropping me. I understand it's a work around and that the list in ccleaner will work but alot of programs are not showing up. Besides I have way to much software running now. Thankyou for your help and time. I still prefer the AoRP app in windows

And KB266668 at microsoft had regsvr32 appwiz.cpl that didn't work either.
I still have the problem. And would prefer to fix AoRP, if possible.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!