Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Put updated avg from one computer on to another

(!)

Member with 28 posts.

31-Oct-2010, 12:59 PM #1
Put updated avg from one computer on to another
I have windows xp and dial-up connection.To download avg the files are so big it will takee allday to download. Could I take it from one computer already updated and put it on another? Thanks in advance.
Computer Specs
Member with 1,256 posts.

Experience: Advanced
31-Oct-2010, 01:08 PM #2
No, you still need the original installation program. Did you keep the install file on the first computer?
Member with 1,938 posts.

31-Oct-2010, 01:16 PM #3
Yes you can download the AVG Installation files and the update files from another PC and use those files to install and update AVG on your own PC

AVG Update files
http://free.avg.com/us-en/download-update
Member with 28 posts.

31-Oct-2010, 02:50 PM #4
How do I do it, can anyone tell me.
bp936   (Judy) bp936 is offline bp936 has a Profile Picture
bp936 has a Photo Album
Computer Specs
Member with 2,989 posts.

31-Oct-2010, 02:59 PM #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by enticer View Post
I have windows xp and dial-up connection.To download avg the files are so big it will takee allday to download. Could I take it from one computer already updated and put it on another? Thanks in advance.
I know what you mean, Dialup is one of the reasons, to buy a Security and Virus program. I got tired of waiting forever to download AVG and other safety programs.
Now I buy Kaspersky Internet Security for 3 computers and updating daily, just to keep up to date.

When AVG became so huge, on dial-up one gets kicked out often and I found , that the whole download process always started from the beginning without ever finishing.

If you have your own original disks, if a computer crashes or the update goes wrong, at least you have the disk to start with. I know, it hurts to have to dish out money, but that is a better choice, than blocking the phone line forever.
Member with 28 posts.

31-Oct-2010, 04:00 PM #6
Thanks guys for all the responses.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!