Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: NotifyAlert.exe & rng.exe & DNGen.exe & Client ApplicationFrameWork.exe PROBL

(!)

CichlidChic CichlidChic is offline CichlidChic has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 10 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
09-Nov-2010, 04:40 PM #1
Solved: NotifyAlert.exe & rng.exe & DNGen.exe & Client ApplicationFrameWork.exe PROBL
After restart 1st message NotifyAlert.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.
2nd message rng.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. I have reported this a few times
already so I just close without reporting now. I read another post saying that if you have a dell running
Windows XP (that's me) you get these errors when .NET Framework app needs to be installed. I have
.Net Framework and I'm up to date on all Microsoft Updates for this.
I also get error messages Client ApplicationFrameWork.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. Another error message I get is DNGen.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.
My Dell Support Center doesn't work and I see it as useless. I'm afraid to uninstall it, because I've
heard of others doing that and then re-installing and having the same problems.
Is there a way to disable these .exe's that have problems, or would that cause other problems?
My computer is working pretty good so I don't think these errors are causing issues - yet.
Any insight, help or advice would be much appreciated.
Computer Specs
Member with 133 posts.

10-Nov-2010, 04:55 PM #2
I think you might have a virus. Try running a virus scan.
Computer Specs

12-Nov-2010, 11:42 AM #3
I have Norton AV running the real time shield, and I also have Spyware Terminator. I scan with both daily. I took the advice from Phantom010
uninstalled Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1, then went ahead and re-installed
it. I crossed my fingers, did a restart and now I only have one error message
that is NotifyAlert.EXE has encountered a problem and needs to close. Thanks for the advice, I can honestly say that in this case one error message compared to four is making me feel better. I know something still isn't right, but I can live with it for now as long as it isn't making any trouble.
Computer Specs

17-Nov-2010, 03:45 PM #4
Case Closed on these errors
I ended up having cdrom driver issues, and inturn did a system restore to try and go back to before the drivers were corrupt. This didn't fix my drivers, but it did go back to before my Dell Support was all messed up. Now no more errors stating the above
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
dngen.exe, notifyalert.exe, rng.exe

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!