Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Winnit32.exe Help Please

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 14 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
14-Dec-2010, 08:42 AM #1
Winnit32.exe Help Please
Hi all a little problem the other day i reinstalled windows using the winnit32.exe and then entering my key because i have a netbook so no cd drive to reinstall windows from disk, all was good but now i need to do it one more time and cannot find the winnit32.exe or the i386 folder also the recovery software that was preloaded onto the netbook to recover the drive back to the normal is also gone can someone tell me where i can get the i386 folder for free or the tech guys recovery software because i cannot afford 35 for them to do it. thank you.
Computer Specs
Member with 5,122 posts.

14-Dec-2010, 03:04 PM #2
Contact the manufacturer of your net book and see if they have a way that you could download it..
Vicks
Computer Specs

15-Dec-2010, 05:33 AM #3
yea nice advice but in england things work differently companys dont give out anything for free, called them this morning and they said they charge for any recovery data etc...

anyone got any other idea that wont cost the earth.

Thanks
Member with 11,761 posts.

15-Dec-2010, 05:42 AM #4
Where did you find the winnit32.exe before and why do you need to do it again?

Have you tried tapping F10 key repeatedly on startup.
Computer Specs

15-Dec-2010, 06:27 AM #5
Hi thanks for replying. yes i just tried again tapping f10 repeatedly nothing happens. Last time when i had the pre installed windows there was the winnit32.exe file when i used that to reinstall windows to the version i have now, now it is not there and have no way to re install windows because my netbook doesnt have a cd drive

and i need to reinstall because i when i reinstalled windows i couldnt put the new version of windows onto the C drive because it is protected or something so i saw that there was a partition of 2.9 gb on the C drive itself so i installed windows onto that partition which was fine it left me with the main parition with over 100gb but now i am experiencing severe problems because every half an hour i get a message saying i have very little drive space left on the 2.9 gb partition and when i checked it is staying at about 1mb to 500kb of free space, ive tried to copy the windows folder onto the main partition without success as after copying a few folders it stops saying i cannot move due to protected files or files are in use, i am now at the stage of pulling my hair out because i cannot afford to go to pc world and get them to reinstall the pre installed windows onto my computer for 35 there must be something i can do please help any info you need i will stay logged in checking this post.

thanks again

15-Dec-2010, 06:44 AM #6
You probably have erased any recovery partition if it had one.

You might be able to expand the partition that the Operating system is on.

Go Start>>Right click My Computer and choose Manage then on the left Disk Management
Right click on th partition with the Operating System on it and see what option you have.
Computer Specs

15-Dec-2010, 06:48 AM #7
ok i right clicked on the one with the operating system on and it is saying i can do the following options:
Open
Explore
Change drive letter and paths...
Properties
Help

15-Dec-2010, 07:00 AM #8
Understood...

Try this free program and see if you can adjust the Partition size with the Operating System on it.

Beaware I have never used this program myself....I use Disk Director from Acronis which isn't free.

http://download.cnet.com/Easeus-Part...-10863346.html
Computer Specs

15-Dec-2010, 07:02 AM #9
ok..

erm ok before i try whats the likelihood and sypmtons i may encounter if this doesnt work or does something that it should have done, if anything.

15-Dec-2010, 07:06 AM #10
Just see if you are able to expand the partition with the Operating System on it first......
Computer Specs
Member with 5,122 posts.

15-Dec-2010, 09:23 AM #11
I have used Easus and it is very easy to use. I suggest that before you do anything, if you have any data on the net book you want to keep, save it first.
Vicks
Computer Specs

15-Dec-2010, 10:23 AM #12
OMG OMG Megabite you are a SAINT and the god of computer problem repairs it took 3 and a half hours but it worked i shrunk the Large partition which allowed me to make the Other partition 35gb larger i am so happy now thank you so much merry christmas

15-Dec-2010, 10:34 AM #13
Well done!!!....but remember if you have problems again you have no backup disc.......so I would either think about a backup disc or a program that will backup the Hard drive Operating System as-well....I use Acronis True Image.
Computer Specs

15-Dec-2010, 10:59 AM #14
yes i will take your advice. to save from any hassle next time. thanks again.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!