Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

"Some settings are managed by your system administrator"

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 5 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
14-Dec-2010, 09:51 PM #1
"Some settings are managed by your system administrator"
I am using my laptop of which I am the only user and I am the administrator. I am trying to change some internet settings but it won't let me. it says "Some settings are managed by your system administrator." how can I fix this?
Moderator with 63,629 posts.

15-Dec-2010, 01:28 PM #2
how long has it been doing this? What internet settings are you trying to change?
Computer Specs

15-Dec-2010, 01:37 PM #3
I mean I don't change my internet settings very often so I am not sure how long it has been doing this. It is just that lately my iTunes hasnt been able to connect to the internet and I am following Apple's instructions on how to fix it. I am going to Control Panel, Internet Options, then clicking the Connections Tab. Everything below the button to setup an internet connection is greyed out. Apple is telling me to click on LAN Settings.

15-Dec-2010, 02:03 PM #4
is this a work pc, or a home pc?
Computer Specs

15-Dec-2010, 02:09 PM #5
well its a home laptop. a dell latitude E4300. It is running Windows XP Professional though

15-Dec-2010, 02:12 PM #6
if you are logged into the admin account, you should have full access to the lan settings. Can you access the connections from IE > tools > internet options > connections tab?
Computer Specs

15-Dec-2010, 02:21 PM #7
No I can't access it from internet explorer either. Yeah, I'm really confused because I am the only account on this computer and it says I am the administrator
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
change settings, microsoft xp

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!