Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Computer Gets White Screen On Start Up

(!)

Junior Member with 3 posts.

20-Jan-2011, 04:07 PM #1
Computer Gets White Screen On Start Up
Recently I have been having this problem with my computer Whenever I would turn it on it'd just go straight to a white screen, I don't see the BIOS/POST or any of the booting process or loading windows screen. I also run Windows XP if that helps anything.

Though during the process the screen constantly distorts, becoming darker when its doing the process or booting up and then when it gets to my desktop screen becomes pure white.
When I click on the buttons on my computer screen I can see like little edges show up around my screen but that's about it.

This happened before and it suddenly went away after I turned my screen off and back on, but now its persistent and I truly don't know what to do.

When I disconnect the monitor from the computer itself it usually before gives me a black sreen and a little blue box saying No Input, but now its just the white screen constantly.

I am not a very tech savvy guy so please bare with my lack of knowledge. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time!
DerekC has a Photo Album
Computer Specs
Member with 1,705 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
21-Jan-2011, 06:13 AM #2
If the "No Input" box isn't coming on, and you can't see any of the settings boxes when you press the monitor buttons, then chances are that it's time for a new monitor. Do you have a spare that you can try or can you borrow one to test with?

21-Jan-2011, 11:08 AM #3
I am borrowing one hopefully this weekend from a friend to check and see. When I do I'll relay the results.

Its odd though. Yesterday I left the monitor on with a blank screen for a while from frustration of trying to fix it and closed it. Shortly after that my little brother came in thinking I fixed the screen and turns the monitor back on to reveal that the blank screen is gone and that its now working perfectly fine.

Not sure if that helps, but thats what happened to me. Did not get a chance to try this morning to see if it was still white though or if that method still works.

24-Jan-2011, 03:08 PM #4
Sorry for the long delay, I have not tried on another monitor since the person that was suppose to bring one never did. :/

However I've noticed this now. I would leave the computer screen on blank for like 5-10 minutes, then turn off the screen and turn it back on and oddly enough it'll start working then. However sometimes it requires me to turn my computer on and off sometimes for that method to work.
Computer Specs
Account Disabled with 2,092 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
24-Jan-2011, 07:08 PM #5
Maybe

Open your Control Panel/Display/Desktop tab/click on the Customize Desktop button.
Now click on the Web tab/uncheck the box next to My Current Home Page and any other listed web items. Make sure the box next to "Lock desktop items" is unchecked.
Apply and OK
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!