Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

HIgh Definition Audio Driver Package - KB88811

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Beginner
23-Jan-2011, 04:49 PM #1
HIgh Definition Audio Driver Package - KB88811
My laptop just got updated and a button popped up saying "New Hardware Found" and so something got updated and my CD Rom stopped working. I downloaded the The Sims 2 Game and I tried turning the game with the CD(you always do that with the Sims) and it won't work. None of my CD's work anymore. Can anyone tell me what to do? My laptop is a Sony Vaio.
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 10,284 posts.

23-Jan-2011, 05:49 PM #2
Go Start, right click the My Computer entry, click properties, click device manager, click the view tab, click show hidden devices.
The entry sound video and game controllers - expand by clicking on the + sign.
What warnings are show please.

Where was the update from.

OR if recent and remember anything else created since the restore point will be lost - system restore to date before update.
Start programs, accessories system tools, system restore.

Last edited by Macboatmaster; 23-Jan-2011 at 07:36 PM..
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Beginner
25-Jan-2011, 07:14 PM #3
I did it and the source that was blocking my laptop, erased my sound and CD rom. So, I'll take it Future Shop and get my Vaio fixed. The reason I couldn't reply is I haven't logged on for day, and I got the message now. So thanks for your help.
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 10,284 posts.

25-Jan-2011, 09:47 PM #4
Okay. That is your decision, but it could very likely have been fixed "free" for you on this forum.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!