Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Parser Returned Error message 0xc00ce556

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 4 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
08-Feb-2011, 09:04 PM #1
Question Parser Returned Error message 0xc00ce556
I have an XP Pro machine and I am not able to have my updates loaded. I am getting a parser returned error message (have been for at least 4 months) but I have no idea what I downloaded if anythign to get this error message. How can I get Automatic Update to run properly again. Seems to hang with .net Frame updates and now some of my applications are not working correctly. Suggestions?
Computer Specs
Member with 219 posts.

09-Feb-2011, 03:32 AM #2
Check your time and date make sure its correct,, BUT,, If I remember right I was getting this error when trying to access the windows updates with IE6, I had to manually add sp2, and add IE8 with a flash drive from a second computer... ( a tech guy told me the only way around the error was a reformat)..

I also read somewhere that uninstalling ie7 could fix the problem,, ( this was a few months ago so I may totally be wrong with the error)..
Computer Specs

10-Feb-2011, 10:26 AM #3
Question Update
I am using IE 8, XP SP2 was installed a long time ago. Everything was working fine until about 4 months ago. I have not installed any new software and I just got used to the auto update feature not functioning. but now that several of my applications are not function and I continue to get this error and have tried and tried to instal the correct updates. I have deleted the .NET Frame files and reinstalled but still nothing. I tried to download and instal Fix It and that will not download either. I cannot get any upgrades to my most used applications. Very frustrating.
Computer Specs

10-Feb-2011, 10:27 AM #4
Time and Date are functioning OK from what I can tell.
Computer Specs
Member with 219 posts.

10-Feb-2011, 10:40 PM #5
With you stating that fix it wont download and install, kinda makes me think it might be a virus or spyware.. Perhaps you could try that route.. Just to clarify that its an actual system error and not something else..
Computer Specs

11-Feb-2011, 12:40 PM #6
Question oxcooce556
McAfee tells me there is nothign wrong in that area. I downloaded another product that does the same. I cannot download any .NET Fram updates from Microsoft update, and none of my applications that use .NET Frame will function. Individual applications seem to update from what I can tell. This seems to be only related to .NET Frame. At first I thought it was Microsofts way of trying to get me out of XP, but I see the same issues in Vista and 7. I have gotten used to the slop in M<icrosoft products, but non-function...I may need to finally make the jump to something else.
Computer Specs
Member with 219 posts.

11-Feb-2011, 01:06 PM #7
Mcafee misses a TUN of things. There is a program called hijack this that will tell you everything thats running on your pc. Make a post in the security section, see what they come up with.

How did you uninstall the .net?
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!