Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Periodic BSOD (0x10000050)

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 7 posts.

Experience: 10 Years of tinkering.
05-Mar-2011, 03:36 PM #1
Periodic BSOD (0x10000050)
I've been getting Blue Screens lately, once or twice per day. I tried searching for the codes but that didn't help much. The machine reboots when it occurs and I can't read the stop code directly, but,

From event viewer:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x10000050 (0xb09fc5a4, 0x00000000, 0xb1765616, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini030511-03.dmp.

I've attatched one of the dumps (there are a few, but on the event viewer the codes are all the same).

It seems to happen around events with uTorrent (soon after starting/closing), but that's a retrospective analysis which could be completely wrong. Also, a few months back, this machine suffered a BSOD from which it couldn't recover till I reformatted the HDD and fresh installed (it wouldn't boot). I'm using the same primary HDD from then, but it has been working fine since the reinstall, until now.

Any idea what the problem is? Thanks.

XP SP3
GA-8I915PMD Mobo (i think, it's from an PB I-Media H1509)
P4 3.06ghz
3gb RAM
9500GT
500w PSU
Attached Files
File Type: zip Mini030511-03.zip (19.3 KB, 27 views)
Computer Specs
Moderator with 51,993 posts.

Experience: "Been through the mill."
05-Mar-2011, 04:07 PM #2
Incomplete dump file. Check your RAM first then run chkdsk /r on the drive and see if the results show any bad clusters.

MemScope (Floppy and CD images.)
Roadkil's RAM Test
Microsoft Memory Test (floppy or CD ISO image)
Memtest86

If you have enough memory sticks, you can test them by removing one at a time and see if the problem disappears.

If you are running Vista, tap F8 on boot and choose the memory diagnostic, or if you can boot up, go to Start > Search and type:

mdsched.exe

Choose to run a memory diagnostic on next boot. Or, you can boot from the DVD and run it from there.

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
0x10000050, bsod

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!