Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

RAW Hard Drive Recovery

928 views 14 replies 3 participants last post by  CleaverX 
#1 ·
I have a hard drive that I need to recover data from (the drive is a WD Scorpio Blue). I have a laptop that I want to pull the information to via a SATA USB to HDD cord. My laptop is an MSI Stealth Pro running an i7 core (and a 970m GTX, if it matters). By all accounts my laptop should be able to handle whatever is thrown at it, its not even more than 2 months old. However, every time my HDD is connected via USB 3.0 port the laptop slows down and freezes. Nothing will work, including file explorer, CMD, or any of the HDD recovery software I've tried. Is there a way to fix this, or an easier way to recover this lost data?

#2 ·
Well it could be one of two things: either your sata adapter does not like your USB3.0 ports or the drive itself could be electrically or mechanically defective and that would surely cause the behavior you described, I have seen that many times. To be totally sure, try to hook it up to a different computer and see what it does.

#3 ·
The last thing I tried was to plug it into a desktop PC, however the result is the same. Those ports were also USB 3.0. If there's a possibility it's the 3.0 ports than I can certainly get my hand on and try the program on a laptop or desktop with USB 2.0.

#6 ·
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.