Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

BSOD System_service_exception, unable to install OS

3K views 31 replies 2 participants last post by  Macboatmaster 
#1 ·
Hi Evryone!

I bought a new PC by parts. I write the exact component for better understanding.
ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger (Z170)
Intel core I-5 6600K
Cooler Master Seiodon ver.2
Corsair 2666 Mhz 16 Gb (4x4) (CMK16GX4M2A2666C16) (In bios in auto settings it sets to 2133 Mhz)
Cooler Master G650M 650W
Corsair Carbride Spec-03 house
Samsung 840 Evo 120 gb SSD
Samsung 1TB Hdd
WD Green 2 TB HDD
Some 12cm Fan

First I assembled the pc config from the parts. Started normally without problem. I installed Windows 10 Pro 64Bit, via usb drive to a samsung 840 evo ssd. It was installed successfully, after that I installed all the drivers and utiltys from the cd, then the other programs like dropbox samsung magician, nod32 etc. it all went fine, windows update started and installed some small updates, then asked for restart and after it during boot it showed BSOD system_thread_exception_not_handled(fltmgr.sys) and restarted again and again, after it the BSOD showed system_service_exception. Later I tried clean install again but during install during the first restart or before the install proccess start is got the system service exception BSOD again and agin. I tried windows 8 with the same result, windows 7 installed successfully but after login a few minutes i got BSOD system service exception too. I tried to use windows 8 from cd the install goes until i has to write the username to set then BSOD again. I tried to use and install linux but during the loading screen it freezes, only distributions with failsafe start can run normally. So now I can't install any OS, i tried using only 1 RAM in any slot without success, i detached anything not neccessary, the colling system works fine. I'm using the motherboard vga for less component.

I have a degree in IT but i couldn't find any solution to this.

Please if there any solution , let me know.
Thanks forward.

See less See more
#29 ·
I'm using a multiboot usb which created by yumi. And yes I tried Ubuntu 14 and 15 and Linux Mint 17, clonezilla when starts to load when the first GUI appears like the Ubuntu logo and the 5 loading dot, in a few seconds it freezes completly only reset can be made.
The same with others but if the distro has failsafe stsrting mode it starts normally. I tried this with tails and One more distro.

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én SM-N9005-el

#30 ·
If you are seeing the 5 dot loading of Ubuntu then you are not booting UEFI
see this
For example, below:
  • the "UEFI Hitachi" line allows to boot the HDD in UEFI mode,
  • the "P1: Hitachi" line allows to boot the HDD in Legacy (not-UEFI) mode,
  • the "P3: DVD" line allows to boot the Ubuntu CD in Legacy mode
  • the "UEFI: USB" line allows to boot the Ubuntu liveUSB in UEFI mode.

Notice the two entries for a device
One UEFI and one not
That firmware on your computer is UEFI although it can be changed from UEFI to traditional BIOS in setup
On UEFI an OS is installed to a GPT partitioned drive - windows 10, 8 and 7 64 bit automatically do that when the boot device is UEFI mode
Ubuntu 84 bit is the same
Ubuntu 32 bit is NOT UEFI compatible

On your computer you tap F8 on post to see boot options
I suggest after all the time you have spent on this that you do as I recommend - it may get you no further - but it will prove beyond doubt that there is a problem with hardware

Make a 64 bit Ubuntu DVD
by downloading from here
14.04 - 64 bit
http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop
iso and burn image to dvd
boot option to your UEFI DVD drive

See this
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UEFI
although it addresses in the main, the installation of Ubuntu - although to a lesser degree the same applies to booting from the DVD

as at this time I suspect the usb YUMI - multi boot installer

#32 ·
kernel panic on Linux is equivalent to the BSOD on Windows
Could indicate fatal hardware error - if it were on windows
OR it could be a corrupted USB installation
That is why I suggested DVD from ISO it is so much easier
Make a 64 bit Ubuntu DVD
by downloading from here
14.04 - 64 bit
http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop
iso and burn image to dvd
boot option to your UEFI DVD drive
However with that and the previous errors I agree - time to RMA

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.