Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adobe Flash Plugin Keeps Crashing and Freezing My Laptop....

3K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  Malachite1 
#1 ·
Hello, everyone! As the title suggests, I am having trouble with my Adobe Flash Player, or so I think at least. I have been having this problem for several days now, and it seems to happen most with Youtube, followed by Ustream. The video stops and I get the message saying that the Adobe Flash Plugin has crashed, and it tells me to reload, but when I do, the same thing happens. I may get to see a the clip in small bits, but the video stops and I always get that error message. Not only that, but sometimes, it will freeze my entire laptop to the point where I have to log off and log back in. It was so bad that I even got a blue screen talking about a crash dump at one point. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Adobe Flash Player, as well as a System Restore, but nothing has worked. I've seriously thought about taking it to a repair shop, but I wanted to ask here first on any possible free solutions. Thank you for reading.

#8 ·
@Phantom010 I don't see a place where I can choose HTML5 on that website. I did see this checked though:

"The HTML5 player is currently used when possible."

@Oddba I looked at that version, and I'm seeing various sources that say it's pretty vulnerable, and that has me a bit nervous to update it, since I do banking online. Has there been any news of fixing the issues?

#9 · (Edited)
Then it means YouTube videos should be playing in HTML5 on your computer. Have you right-clicked a YouTube video?

EDIT:

All versions of Flash are considered "vulnerable". That's why it's slowly being replaced by HTML5. You should definitely update Flash to the latest version though. It's always the safest.

#12 ·
@Oddba I looked at that version, and I'm seeing various sources that say it's pretty vulnerable, and that has me a bit nervous to update it, since I do banking online. Has there been any news of fixing the issues?
I don't follow your logic. You already have it installed. A newer version is more secure than an older version.

If you don't like Flash, UNINSTALL it. Otherwise, keep it current.

And I doubt your online banking uses Flash, so that is irrelevant.

#16 ·
Both Flash and Java have been updated in the last week. So, as noted above by Liz, if you are seeing "script errors", you also need to update Java.

As for Flash, are you still seeing the same error (ie: Adobe Flash Plugin has crashed)? If so, what OS, browser, and browser version are you using?

#18 ·
Update: I actually had to take my laptop to a repair shop anyways for unrelated reasons, so I just told them to fix the Adobe problem as well, and it seems to work now for the most part. I get the occasional Adobe crash, but so far Youtube has been working on Firefox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.