Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Screen Of Death

Solved 
2K views 29 replies 3 participants last post by  richiethomas1234 
#1 ·
Hi so i built my computer about 5 months ago and it's been working perfectly fine until about a week ago i got the BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and i also got one that said critical structure corruption or something. This is REALLY scary i hope i don't have to buy any new parts. I don't know any more information about the errors but if there is a way for me give you all more info let me know please.

#2 ·
Okay there are a couple of options which will help. First of all, please download and run the System Information Utility, and then post the specs back to this thread. Secondly, I'd like you to glean more information from the minidump file by downloading and running BlueScreenView. This will give more information for debugging, and also provide details of any faulty drivers (if applicable).

#4 ·
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 21 Model 2 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 6
RAM: 8174 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon (TM) R9 200 Series, -2048 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 953316 MB, Free - 717064 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., M5A78L-M/USB3
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

#17 ·
BioShock. Here are some more files i got when the BSOD happened. I added the first one again named "1st" :p I feel like someone is wrong with my computer. This **** is so annoying. And now my sound driver is messed up or something because i can't hear anything in steam

Attachments

#18 ·
Have you checked your temps and voltages? If not, do so. Since this is an asus board, you can download and install probe. Here is a link to the support page for your mb;
http://www.asus.com/us/supportonly/M5A78L-MUSB3/HelpDesk_Download/

Note you probably have to download the win7 version since it does not have probe listed for later os. Install in compatibility mode and it should be ok.
Next it would be a really good idea to post your exact pw supply. Do not post "500W" post the exact brand and model#

#21 ·
I have programs to see the temps for my gpu and cpu but idk what to look for when i check voltages. :eek: My temps are perfect though
Post the exact temps AND the following; 12V, 5V, and 3.3V values. Do not use hardware monitor or other similar program; use asus probe. Probe is purpose designed software for your motherboard and will give the most accurate data.

BTW evga does not mfg their pw supplies. The supernova line from evga is pretty decent however the one you have is average quality at best. It is fine for a basic system ie running onchip/onboard video, doing office stuff, etc. It is not really up to the stress of gaming and or overclocking.

#22 ·
i can't find the program that will run on my computer so i looked up how to see in the BIOS idk if this is what you needed but this is what it said.
CPU: 33c
MB: 29c
Vcore: 1.26v 3.363 v
5v 4.980v
12v 12.182v

And i have never had this problem while gaming so i don't think playing games with this power supply is the problem. It does it randomly usually when i'm not playing games or when i try to download a game. I have my computer and like 5 other things plugged into the same power strip if that helps? Idk if that would cause these problems or not

#25 ·
OK, start with some basic troubleshooting. Download and run memtest;
http://www.memtest.org/
Let memtest run for at least 1hr. Note this runs from bootable media. Since this is win10, you will probably have to access the asus quick boot menu. F8 during POST will give you the boot menu. Next it appears you have a mech hard disk. Go to the site of whomever mfg the drive ie wd, seagate, etc and download the diagnostic for the drive. Run both the long and short tests.

#26 ·
I should have included to run prime95 as well. Monitor your temps and voltages while running prime95. Run for at least 15min or longer.
http://www.mersenne.org/download/
BTW what do you mean you cannot find asus probe? It is on the support page I gave you the link. You click win7 as the os and download. You will probably have to install in compatibility mode however on my asus board, I just installed and that was it; no need for compatibility mode.

Off to the superbowl party so good luck. I will check this either later tonight or in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.